Back button jumps two levels backwards
Hi!

I think this has been asked before, but I cant find it, and I don't really know what to search for.

Anyway, my problem is that when I press the back button, to go one level back, it always backs two levels. I dont know if this is i general problem XMBC or if its just problem with the Aeon skin. I didnt have the problem before I upgraded to Camelot, though.
Post a debug log. I am guessing that XBMC is seeing two button presses every time you hit the button on your remote. If you have eventghost or similar set up, try removing the back button entry since XBMC now auto-detects some keys on remotes and this leads to double presses.
Not to worry, I've fixed the issue.

To anyone interested, here's what i did. I'm using a remote coded with the 'microsoft remote' functions... NOT TO BE MISTAKEN WITH THE GENERIC MCE REMOTE FUNCTIONS! ...

of course these functions work a little differently... So after using eventghost to map everything the way i want it, i found the back button would play funny buggers.

head on over to here : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...rol_in_Windows

follow the tutorial.... I used 'Remote-SendKeys.reg' because i want the full functionality of the remote in Windows Media Center 7 as i use this to record and play back Live TV.

after funning the .reg file, i just rebooted... started up eventghost... Mapped the keys that were not recognised by XBMC and off she went!

worked like a charm.
mitul103 Wrote:Post a debug log. I am guessing that XBMC is seeing two button presses every time you hit the button on your remote. If you have eventghost or similar set up, try removing the back button entry since XBMC now auto-detects some keys on remotes and this leads to double presses.

Ah, yes! That solved the problem. Thank you very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back button jumps two levels backwards0