Record Studio Labels
Hi

First off, loving the skin.

I am currently running on Windows 7, XBMC r29791 and Transparency! v3.00 SVN.

Looking good on the bgi screen and no real problems at all.

My question is this...

I have got practically all my albums and artists fully tagged, but for the albums they have various studio labels (all picked up from either allmusic or lastfm) e.g. Caroline Distribution (when the studio icon is just Caroline), Hollywood Records (when the studio icon is Hollywood), Jive Records (when the studio icon is Jive). The list goes on.

Now I know I can go through my collection and just copy/paste the original studios but rename them to match my collection, but is it possible to put a "looser" boolean in the Includes_MediaFlagsMusic.xml for matching ( just like the codecs pick up the right hand part of the filename, could I set it up for the left?). At present it looks like it just takes a straight match of the Label field and looks for the corresponding icon.

Any advice?

Many thanks

Brent.
copy, paste & rename is the way to go.

sure it's also possible to do substring matching as you suggested,
but it's a very cpu intensive process you'd rather stay away from as much as possible. defining a substring for every record label would simply put a lot of strain on the cpu.

besides, it's less work to just copy and paste. ;-)

if you're willing to share the icons you have to duplicate, i'll include them in Transparency!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cheers for that info. It's what I already had started on anyway. For the most part all I am doing is adding " records" on to the end of each studio. I am just gonna hit the directory with a whole copy/paste and mass rename the files to append records on the end. Not the prettiest of solutions but it covers about 60% of the collection problems. Could I just add another entry into the includes for just the studio name + records or do you think that would hammer the PC too?

Tnx

Brent
meanstreak Wrote:Could I just add another entry into the includes for just the studio name + records or do you think that would hammer the PC too?

nah, adding one extra entry wouldn't hurt at all.
not sure what the entry for 'studio name + records' is supposed to do?

what's the exact code you're thinking of adding?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
lol me neither.

What I am trying to do is just to add an entry to allow it to find recording studios but most of mine are caroline records, jive records, etc. Transparency currently picks up only Caroline or Jive and assigns the studio icon to them (straight match). I want to try to add an entry that allows it to find my recording studio fields. i.e. I am looking to add an entry that basically searches the recording studio field but appends " records" onto the end.

lol don't worry if it isn't making sense to you, it doesn't to me Wink

I reckon my mass copy paste of the studio dir and appending " records" to the files will be quicker.
ok, thanx. i thought maybe you'd found some clever way of making it work both ways. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record Studio Labels0