• 2(current)
YuYu's XBMC CVS download-build-rar batch file
is it possible to add a patch during the process ?? i'd like to add the multi-language subtitle support patch to the batch file... but don't know how... your batch kickass! ! :kickass:
hmm, never heard of it. wanna point me towards that patch (and any tohers there may be that i don't know about)...

i'll look into it then...
(yuyu @ nov. 24 2004,05:33 Wrote:hmm, never heard of it. wanna point me towards that patch (and any tohers there may be that i don't know about)...

i'll look into it then...
yuyu, i appreciate your quick response..
the patches sections on the sf website are here : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id...tid=581840

and the patch i was talking about is this one : http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840

this patch would allow you to have more that 1 subtitle (.srt , .sub ) for the same movie following this conditions :

moviename.avi
moviename.english.srt
moviename.spanish.srt

i dont really know why they haven't added it to the main xbmc cvs, but at least we can "patch" during the compilation process. how ? i dont know yet ..

thanks again yuyu :kickass:
(yuyu @ nov. 23 2004,22:10 Wrote:all i can say is, wow! it works! i thought i was gonna break it for sure, but it works great.

the update is being uploaded as i type so give it 5 minutes from post time.
the readme and first post have already been updated accordingly....

please give it a shot and tell me what you think. i actually might be able to give this thing a rest and only update it when the cvs or other code requires...

here's hopin'... :beer:
ask i can see, nobody else have written you a reply that they tested it, i'll test it for you again, then i'll give you my reply.
lana lang
ok, there's some improvements i noticed from when i first tryed your auto-build batch. now it asks you where are the needed programs installed, like what partition, a plus for people who have their programs on a different partition than c:. okay, what about the web folder though, wassup with that. it doesn't have all the files like if you was to compile it manually using the cvs source. all it has is a folder called "styles" and a "default.asp" file. by the way, i'm pretty sure that you're aware of ezar2003's mplayer.dll file and probably even aware of the changes that he made. like for instance, previously with the normal mplayer.dll file, if you was to let's say "create a bookmark" of a video that you're watching at like 2mins and 30secs in and playback the bookmark, it will playback like at 1mins and 13secs. well, with his mplayer, if you was to create a bookmark like at 2mins, it will playback at 2mins. so here's what i'm proposing, maybe you can have it where you can make a folder in your build called mplayer and whatever mplayer.dll and files that're in the build, it will use that one instead of the one from the cvs and if there is not nothing in the mplayer folder, it will use the default mplayer.dll file from the cvs. like the same thing you got for skins or is this either to difficult or impossible.
lana lang
i completely agree with diontae16, that would be a great improvement in the batch process.
also, the patches, i hope you had enough time to take a look at some of them, and how you can possibly implement them in the batch.

thanks !
european date patch removed

finally xbmc support it :d
HTPC: Zotac ION 330 on Linux Gentoo/Ubuntu BD Remote (bdremote-ng) 20x4 USB LCD
alright i was away for the holidays, but now i am ready to try and get this thing on a stable track. i know it is now, but there are always things to be added...

i'll take a look at this thing in a few hours and see what i can't do about some of these suggestions...
it's good to know that this project hasn't been forgotten :kickass:
ok uploading the newly updated package now!
everything should be squared away...

tons of stuff removed and changed, just make sure you check out the readme so you know what is going on....

please use it and tell me what you think...
(yuyu @ nov. 30 2004,12:18 Wrote:ok uploading the newly updated package now!
everything should be squared away...

tons of stuff removed and changed, just make sure you check out the readme so you know what is going on....

please use it and tell me what you think...
testing it now, i'm testing the newly added mplayer directory with ezar2003's mplayer.dll and codecs.conf file, then i'm going to test it again without his mplayer file. i'll report back in a few.
lana lang
ok, i looked and tested everything in your xbmc autobuild.bat script and everything seems to be a ok, better overall. i also see that you have all of the correct files in the "web" folder. now, maybe you can do something for me. i need for you to manually download the cvs source and rebuild it all manually. after you finished, look in the media folder, the only files that're there are the following files "dsstdfx.bin", and "splash.png". i've been compiling manually for a while now and those other files such as the "fonts" and "textures" folders followed by the ".xpr" files are irrelevant because if they were, they would've been included in the cvs tree. the only files that matters in that media folder is "dsstdfx.bin" and "splash.png" also, look in this folder
q:\skin\ project mayhem\media\.
look at all the extra files that're there compared to the ones found in the project mayhem skin in your batch file. i don't know if all of them files are important or not cause even the skins on chokemaniac's website has only has 3 files in his. so no comment there, the only comment is about the extra irrelevant files in the media folder.

my overall rating:
9.6 out of 10.

awesome job, should'nt here any complaints because it builds perfectly now.
lana lang
first off, kudos on the good work. this really kicks ass. i enjoy being able to roll my own with no hassle.

one question though, what happened to the texture compression in your latest version? i had no problems with it and i thought it was a good feature.

could you please put it back?

thanks.
(diontae16 @ nov. 30 2004,18:28 Wrote:ok, i looked and tested everything in your xbmc autobuild.bat script and everything seems to be a ok, better overall. i also see that you have all of the correct files in the "web" folder. now, maybe you can do something for me. i need for you to manually download the cvs source and rebuild it all manually. after you finished, look in the media folder, the only files that're there are the following files "dsstdfx.bin", and "splash.png". i've been compiling manually for a while now and those other files such as the "fonts" and "textures" folders followed by the ".xpr" files are irrelevant because if they were, they would've been included in the cvs tree. the only files that matters in that media folder is "dsstdfx.bin" and "splash.png" also, look in this folder
q:\skin\ project mayhem\media\.
look at all the extra files that're there compared to the ones found in the project mayhem skin in your batch file. i don't know if all of them files are important or not cause even the skins on chokemaniac's website has only has 3 files in his. so no comment there, the only comment is about the extra irrelevant files in the media folder.

my overall rating:
9.6 out of 10.

awesome job, should'nt here any complaints because it builds perfectly now.
i like the rating system, very nice :lol:

ok let me tackle these questions...

first, if you read any pinned topics for compiling xbmc you will see that those media files are needed. you copy them from
here in the cvs tree.

those extra files in the skins media folder, in the cvs tree, are what is compressed into that textures.xpr file. you just need the textures.xpr and the backgrounds for the skin in the media folder, all those others are only included in the cvs and not needed to run xbmc on the xbox.

hopefully i have been clear, if you need anymore questions answered or watn another feature that is doable, just ask Smile
(coreyinoz @ dec. 01 2004,02:59 Wrote:first off, kudos on the good work. this really kicks ass. i enjoy being able to roll my own with no hassle.

one question though, what happened to the texture compression in your latest version? i had no problems with it and i thought it was a good feature.

could you please put it back?

thanks.
i will put the texture compression back in place when it is needed. as of now, it is not needed, chokemaniac updates the textures.xpr file in the cvs everytime he updates the project mayhem skin. this means we would basically be wasting our time, as he has already done it for us...

when/if this stops happening, i will put the functionality back into the package so that we can have a current compressed textures.xpr file...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YuYu's XBMC CVS download-build-rar batch file0