• 1(current)
YuYu's XBMC CVS download-build-rar batch file
this thread, the batch file package,and the official website were last updated: 18-jun-2005
things in latest update: added changes to weather images for xbmc skins
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>xbmc dbr (download, build, rar)</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>pc requirements</span></span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>a windows xp (preferred), 2000, or nt4 machine
notice: all programs below can be installed to any drive/partition letter

visual studio .net 7.1 (2003) professional
installed anywhere on pc

ms xbox sdk 5849+ full install (not minimal)
installed anywhere on pc

winrar 3.40+
installed anywhere on pc</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>where to get it:</span>
the official xbmcdbr website can be found here
a codecs package, with all known codecs supported by xbmc, can be downloaded from the website also here

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>what is it:</span>
this is a windows batch file package that will download the latest xbmc cvs source code and compile it. you can include items customized for your personal build such as extra skins, scripts (it comes with alot of useful scripts already, that are kept up to date), customized .xml files,codecs and more... when it’s done doing it’s thing, it tidies up the directory it was run in, you are then left with a nice, dated, rar file of the build. it can even ftp the finished build to your xbox when it is done compiling the new build. it is suggested you do this once a week if you like or when major updates to the xbmc cvs source code are done.
i've wandered down this road aswell, but i went one step further.
i modify strings.xml and insert builddate and i also have a script that uploads (ftp) to xbox
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok newest package is done uploading. it's the last one for awhile(unless chnages to cvs occur), since everything is in there that needs to be right now.

on a side note, it appears the cvs is being updated or someone screwed with the solution a little too much, because the source will not compile properly, even when done seperately and not with this package. i ran the package this morning and all went well. it appears since about 12pm or so (central u.s.) it has not been compiling correctly. hopefully, it will be fixed within a day or two.
ok, last update for now, exceptions will be changes to cvs and the like. added build date to strings.xml file because of pike. also tidied up the code. tested a little while ago and everything works 100%. i have one or two other things i may look into, but for now, hope you enjoy. if you have any feature suggestions, or anything you would like to see added to the script let me know Smile
i just to do it the old-fashion way before, but now with this script, well, everything is automated and way easier than before.

thank you for sharing the batch with us, and specially for keep updating it ... you guys rock !! :kickass:
ok, uploading update now. it's a good one. changed alot of stuff, read my first post (at the bottom in versions) or the readme for changes...
ok new package is being upped! check the readme version history for changes.
project will be 1.0 final next release, from there, i truly will only do small updates to ensure compatibilty with cvs.

i will update the first post with changes as soon as i can...
just upped another quick fix, last one for awhile seriously, because i screwed up... forgot to exclude the cvs directories from the lnguage folder... me=stupid :p

off to drink my stupidity away... too much time spent on this thing this week, going to hang out with the "real world" now...
update has been uploaded..
ok as usual, check the readme for changes..
everything is functional and working on my end, hope it is the same for you guys :ph34r:
updating package right now with latest python package from dday, should be up in about 5 minutes...
update is up... check the readme blah blah blah Smile ...
nice batch file, i just wanted to say that. i've used it to see how it works as i always do my builds manually and will continue to do so. i added a link to this guide on my thread for people who prefer the builds to be done automatically for them.
lana lang
all i can say is, wow! it works! i thought i was gonna break it for sure, but it works great.

the update is being uploaded as i type so give it 5 minutes from post time.
the readme and first post have already been updated accordingly....

please give it a shot and tell me what you think. i actually might be able to give this thing a rest and only update it when the cvs or other code requires...

here's hopin'... :beer:
hello

for some reasone this script doesnt work for me. it looks like it does everything correct, building etc. at the end of the process when im supposed to press a button the program stops and nothing ever gets copied to finished builds. cheesyboofs original script works however.

any clue what could be wrong?

keep up the good work! Smile
(calle81 @ nov. 23 2004,22:58 Wrote:hello

for some reason this script doesnt work for me. it looks like it does everything correct, building etc. at the end of the process when im supposed to press a button the program stops and nothing ever gets copied to finished builds. cheesyboofs original script works however.

any clue what could be wrong?

keep up the good work! Smile
all i can guess is:
make sure you specify the correct drive/partition when asked where the programs to be used are installed.

make sure you have all the required programs installed and they are installed correctly...

make sure you are on a windows 2000/xp/nt 4 machine.

make sure you follow the direcections in the readme...

try re-downloading the package now and use it, then follow all the steps carefully and let me know how it goes...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YuYu's XBMC CVS download-build-rar batch file0