XBMC web browser
hi,
there is web browser that included in XBMC interface?
No there is not. A few developers have picked up the project but never finished it. I believe ceros was the last person to give it a punt.

Cheers,
Rob
There are still talks of integrating Webkit into XBMC, but nothing will happen until at least the next major release (ie: 11.x). The add-ons stuff is really priority right now. However with the add-ons system being as powerful as it is supposed to be I wouldn't be suprised if something along the lines of a browser developed here soon. There is plenty of interest.

Until then you can also get Chrome/Firefox running fairly well behind XBMC and switch between them. It's fairly easy on Windows, Linux gets a little harder if you are running the Live distribution.
There was a web browser made a little while ago based on firefox that was made for running on media centers. anyone know the program?
EDIT: Found it, Kylo is the name. But I quickly learned that without a mouse it is pretty unusable.
what would be awesome if a browser was made is an ability to make plugins based of websites. For example we could make a youtube plugin what it would do is just edit the html to make it display/look better and controllable with a remote. This way we could play all websites videos without having to make code that would play the video and still get the nice xbmc interface also things that could not be done before like youtubes recommended search while you type.

Edit:
I just tried boxee and i really don't care for the social stuff but the web videos i was impressed with especially the speed compared to the xbmc plugins and how they looked. Currentlly on XBMC the plugins are just a basic list looks like a file browser but on boxee it looks more, like the crunchyroll app wow is this something XBMC will do or is this something that since boxee has done it XBMC wont do it?
CASHMON3Y Wrote:EDIT: Found it, Kylo is the name. But I quickly learned that without a mouse it is pretty unusable.

Kylo doesn't even save site zoom setting making it a useless browser. Strange, considering it's built on FF which DO support it.
I believe with the Addon farmework it will be a lot easier to make a web browser addon without having to fiddle with the whole XBMC core.

Exciting times ahead for XBMC I think people Big Grin

Cheers,
Rob
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71664

This is working pretty well on Live...but yes you need a mouse & keyboard.
Thanks, vikjon0 for the link. I've been wanting Firefox and now my XBMC Live installation is complete.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC web browser0