[ATV] r28256 randomly crashing
Well, after my terrible experience with running Linux on the AppleTV last year, I went back to the aTV o/s and have continued having problems.

Originally I thought it was something that nitotv did when I installed it as it removed the startup audio and also started making the aTV randomly lock up.

I did a fresh install about 2 weeks ago and for the first week it seemed to be alright and stayed fairly stable. It then started to have lockups where I'd have to reboot with the remote and even unplug it. It was sometimes stay with the Apple logo on screen for several minutes before flashing a pink screen with the Apple logo and then finally give me the language selection screen and then ask if I want to Reboot, Diagnose or Reinstall. I would always select reboot and it was finally reboot back to the AppleTV menu.

The crashes seem to occur both during video playback and when the aTV has been left idle. I don't think I've noticed it crash during music playback.

Here's the latest log with a crash. The previous log also ended with the same messages (CPullupCorrection etc).

http://pastebin.com/bZ1PSbSB

Hoping someone can help!

Cheers,

Jason.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
I've never experienced a crash while playing anything, or anything that causes the aTV to entirely lock up. But I have noticed some freezes with 28256. They seem to coincide with a message about ImageLib being loaded or unloaded. Sometimes the crash occurs when Xbmc is probing a bunch of files to autogen a thumb. I tend to leave Xbmc running on my aTV and after a few days, sometimes Xbmc won't leave the screensaver. Sometimes the freeze occurs at startup where I never get the splash screen. In all instances, though, the aTV isn't locked up. I ssh in and manually kill the Xbmc process. The startup freeze is most annoying as it'll sometimes occur 5 or 6 times in a row.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] r28256 randomly crashing0