• 15(current)
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC
New version uploaded for testers. Give it one last look over! Smile
To learn more, click here.
I notice the new backgrounds bit, but your backgrounds are stored in images, I have avatar as my movie pic, I have doctor who as my tv screen.

I have used fan art to bring the best to this skin, and other people will as well if they know they can change backgrounds.

Your backdrop might not suit everyone, your skin might not, but I LOVE IT and so will a lot of other people.

Most if not all improvements is down to codeing now.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
I went ahead and starting working on the graphics myself and got a lot done!

While I was working, I was inspired by the fanart visualization for Confluence and decided to bring it into Shade.

Results:

Loving the changes.

However, in Movies, under Poster View 2, the left image is the same as the background image (the Fanart), but it seems like it would make more sense to have the extrathumbs in a slideshow in that box.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Disregard. I found the enable option
I would love to to see the second one implemented.

Also like the CD wall (default fanart). Kind of reminds me of the moving CD wall in WMC, which is actually not a bad feature, to be honest.
EDIT: answered my own question...
Just downloaded and had a look for the first time and have to say, very impressive!

Very high standard throughout, and many choices and options available, congrats igotdvds and Djeglin, Shade is a lovely skin.
I'm really wanting to try out this skin but I'm unable to select it in my list of skins -- I see it but it's grayed out and not selectable. Will it only work with newer nightlies? I'm on 9.11.
gjlp Wrote:I'm really wanting to try out this skin but I'm unable to select it in my list of skins -- I see it but it's grayed out and not selectable. Will it only work with newer nightlies? I'm on 9.11.

There is a skin.xml, it should work with all builds. Make sure its extracted correctly in the skin folder.
Yep - skin.xml is there.

What's strange is that I have dozens of older skins that work fine. It's only two new skins (that both have the dot notation) that won't work -- skin.shade and skin.alaskarevisited.
Feel your pain. I'm not sure why mine is doing the same thing too. The folder has all the files that are needed but mine too is grayed out. I can select it but nothing happens. I"m not really sure what version I have, What ever is out there from the XBMC.org site since I just downloaded the other day.
I can't select it. Looks like everything is there
Finally glad to be back on the net again fully, sadly not back up to speed regarding computer or luck.

i7 920 fooked.
Old computer hard drive fooked
one car accident (not my fault)

So on a dodgy old laptop with keys sticking (and not via that way lol)

Still good to be back, missing being able to use Xbmc though Sad

Hopefully Shade has had a few updates since I was offline.

Regards

Mark
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Just tried this skin and have 3 reflections whereas I think 2 are bugs....

First off I would like to say, its awesomely handsome with transparency....But...

1. The Information button while viewing a movie not in library doesnt show any movie information nor and filename no nothing. An empty transparent block is all that shows up.

2. The GUI that is shown when a movie is paused or for/rev in any way. Has a to small shade block which makes some of the information show up above with no shaded background which makes it hard to read. For instance the play icon + time information is shown above the shaded bar. Then I would also suggest making the information a bit larger to be easily read.
Question 
Has dev stopped for this skin? I know abit about coding etc and might be able to help if someone can give me an idea about how skins work in xbmc. By this I mean things like the dirs used for bg images, the correlation btween the xml files and the skin and any other useful info.

Cheers!
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC5