[Apple TV] Move frontrow menu options around
Hello,

I have used atvflash to break open my ATV and by default the XBMC/Boxee menu is all the way over to the right. I am looking to move that entry a bit closer to the right side near where Movies is located. I haven't found any good info on where relevant files are and which to edit to move those frontrow entries. Anyone here know how to do it?
Yes, though its somewhat annoying. You need to edit all the /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/*.frappliance/Contents/Info.plist files. One of the tags is the position of that menu in the menu bar but I forget which. I think I found the info originally on AwkwardTv.

** edit **
Look what I just found on our forums:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61037
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That's exactly what I was looking for. The only post I found was here and that would be an annoying process. Thank you!

No one figured out how to change the name of the Launcher? I'd love to hack off Boxee from the menu item lol
For lack of a clear guide on how to accomplish this I decided to make one for the masses. Other posts and other websites contain bits and pieces of the needed information to change the frontrow menu around. One snag I hit was the inability to move the modified files due to OSBoot being mounted as read only, this guide takes that into account

ATV software 3.0.2
Launcher Ver 3.2.4

Step 1: (S)FTP into ATV and download these two files to your computer

Code:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/Info.plist
Code:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

Step 2: Modify the two files accordingly, specify your own values as you see fit

Info.plist - Change menu order of XBMC Launcher
<key>FRAppliancePreferedOrderValue</key>
<real>2.5</real>

InfoPlist.strings - Change name of XBMC launcher
CFBundleName = "XBMC";

Step 3: Create blank text document and rename to XBMCfix.sh and paste below contents

Code:
sudo mount -uw /
sudo cp -f -v Info.plist /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/Info.plist

sudo cp -f -v InfoPlist.strings /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

Step 4: FTP into ATV and copy all three files to root of /frontrow

Step 5: SSH into ATV and run following commands (make sure you are in root of /frontrow)

sudo chmod 755 XBMCfix.sh

./XBMCfix.sh

Step 6: Reboot ATV

Enjoy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Move frontrow menu options around1