Is it possible to adjust the Menu 'click' sound volume?
I like the click, but it overpowers the video volume, can i turn it down?
They're found in the 'sounds' folder so you could edit the actual click WAV file.
Ah, any easier way to do it with a configuration file or something? I dont have anything that edits wav.

Or maybe just disable certain sounds altogether?
Use Audacity, its free and easy to use.
Do you know if this feature has been brought up before? it would be nice to have this in the Sound preferences

It does seem way offset on my system, or at least, it could be controlled with the main XBMC playback volume, so that as you lower the volume, the menu sound effects lower too
Cool, mission accomplished, Audacity

But seriously, how do more people not have this problem? The Click sound is ridiculous
You must be doing something wrong because XBMC's volume has always effected menu sounds for me in every version I've used including the latest
Do you think its related to Mac XBMC? I'm using an Apple Remote but that shouldn't affect matters.

The problem i'm having is that I play my videos with XBMC volume set at half (so i have room to go up or down when scenes get noisy/quiet), but then when the episode is finished, any menu navigation sounds are played at full volume. CLICK CLICK. Which sucks because my amp is set loud to make up for the XBMC playback volume.

I can't think of any setting that can affect it, maybe its skin-dependent? What do you think?
I have no idea as far as Mac's are concerned does the remote control the mac volume or XBMC's own volume control

All I can say is in windows if you set audio to Digital then volume only controls menu sounds it has no effect on video as its past straight through if set to analogue volume effects both
when XBMC is open the remote controls the volume within XBMC, doesnt affect the system volume.
Marcos Wrote:The problem i'm having is that I play my videos with XBMC volume set at half (so i have room to go up or down when scenes get noisy/quiet)

I have the XBMC volume set to 100% and use the remote for my amp to change the volume.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I have the XBMC volume set to 100% and use the remote for my amp to change the volume.

JR
Yep, but i'd rather hold one remote than handle 2.
Marcos Wrote:Yep, but i'd rather hold one remote than handle 2.

I have a, probably irrational, concern that reducing the volume in XBMC would decrease the quality of the sound because it reduces the number of bits used to digitise the sound. Adjusting the volume in my amp doesn't do this because it's an analogue amp.

JR
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but this is the second time I've ran into this problem and thought I'd post my workaround.

Find where your skin stores the wavs. I did a find ~/.xbmc -name \*.wav to find them

For me, they're in

~/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon65/sounds

So I did this:
cd ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon65/sounds
mkdir origs
cp *.wav origs
for i in *.wav;do sox -v -0.15 origs/$i $i;done

This lowers everything to 15% of its original volume, which feels right for me.
You can keep tweaking the number and re-running it. XBMC uses the updated files immediately, and you've always got the originals to go back to in origs/.

If you get a permission denied error, do it as root. If you don't have the sox command, apt-get install sox.

I'd much prefer an in-settings option to control the volume, but I doubt that will come until the AudioEngine stuff is done, so until then this is the easiest way I've found.
semi- Wrote:Sorry for bumping an old thread, but this is the second time I've ran into this problem and thought I'd post my workaround.

Find where your skin stores the wavs. I did a find ~/.xbmc -name \*.wav to find them

For me, they're in

~/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon65/sounds

So I did this:
cd ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon65/sounds
mkdir origs
cp *.wav origs
for i in *.wav;do sox -v -0.15 origs/$i $i;done

This lowers everything to 15% of its original volume, which feels right for me.
You can keep tweaking the number and re-running it. XBMC uses the updated files immediately, and you've always got the originals to go back to in origs/.

If you get a permission denied error, do it as root. If you don't have the sox command, apt-get install sox.

I'd much prefer an in-settings option to control the volume, but I doubt that will come until the AudioEngine stuff is done, so until then this is the easiest way I've found.

I'm not understanding what you did there, can you explain that bit?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to adjust the Menu 'click' sound volume?1