Now Playing Screensaver?
I apologize if this has been answered or is in the wrong place, but I'm new here and have searched EVERYWHERE (for hours) for a solution.

I plan to use XBMC to run 2 TVs to only display the "Now Playing" visual of whatever music is playing from a mac mini. I would use Plex (a XBMC port for Mac) because it has EXACTLY what I want as far as display goes (see attached image) but the XBMC Remote app for the iphone is buggy (I want to use it as a sort of "jukebox" control at parties.)

So: I am stuck using XBMC which is fine IF I can get some kind of skin or skin mod that will display the "Now Playing" music as I'd like (once again, refer to uploaded pic.)

Any thoughts? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.
That could be done in about 10 minutes of skinning work. I'm not sure if any skins currently offer it, but it's really just a matter of adding the necessary code to MusicVisualisation.xml. Is this something you may be willing to do?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall,

Thank you for your quick reply! I'd be totally willing to do it, the only problem is that I have no knowledge of or background in skinning/modding skins. Sad No clue where to start or what to do...
another question/food for thought: might I be able to take the "Now Playing" code from the Plex skin? They use Mediastream as well, but must have modified it a bit. I poked around on my machine to just see if I could add Plex's skin to XBMC but didn't have much luck.

Any input on this would be great!
You could start with that, yes. I'm not sure if the code they have is in MusicVisualisation.xml or is elsewhere. At the very least it will give you positioning and probably the text etc. as well. Plus, we'd have to change some of the code they use which is IMO unnecessary - XBMC should be able to do all of that without any of the additions they have made.

Perhaps you could start by poking around and finding the XML file they're using, cutting out the <control> portions and popping them into MusicVisualisation.xml.

Once that is done you'll probably get something coming up during the visualisation (press TAB to get there fast), and we can refine from there. You can post what you have on pastebin.ca and I'm sure some of the skinning guys here will give you a pointer or two.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Okay, I'll give that a shot and let you know how it goes - thanks!
If you can find the Clearity skin, it had a visualization screen very similar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now Playing Screensaver?0