Couple Questions (Revo + Jaunty)
I'm using the Jaunty Jackalope minimal ubuntu and used this script to do most the grunt work... but I'm having a couple problems.

Every time I boot the computer from being shutdown, xbmc seems to restart (goes back to the xbmc splash screen) when I click on a menu item - after that it works fine. It isn't really a nuisance, but I assume it means something is wrong. Ideas?

Anyone know how I can access the BIOS on the Revo to change the amount of memory dedicated to the GPU?
The Del key should get you in the bios.
That's what I thought, but it only lets me edit boot options from those menus. So I assume there is something else I need to do in order to be able to edit GPU memory.
Hmmm... Im going to have to check when I get home. I swear del went into bios and a F key went into device boot.
Well F12 is Boot Options and Delete takes you to a menu with several sub menus, one of them being Advanced BIOS. However, when in the BIOS menu it only has some boot options (quick boot, boot device priority, etc.) and Drive priority options.
try F11

EDIT: I do not own a REVO but the guide I am reading says "At the initial boot screen press Del key to enter the BIOS menu"
F11 does nothing.
Found it. It was in the delete menu, but it was under Advanced Chipset Features rather than Advanced BIOS.

When I upped the dedicated memory it seemed to fix the restart problem too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple Questions (Revo + Jaunty)0