Automated file-renaming
Hello out there...
yet another newB-question Nod

to get to use xmbc it would require me to do some awefull renaming and sorting procedure in advance.
Now the idea is of cause, maybe i'll be able 2 find a tool to help.

What i'd want to do is, automatically rename files and the folders containing the media according 2 imdb standard.
Now i found out a proigram called ember is capeable 2 rename the files, but i have a few movies in other languages as well, and even though recognizing the german filetitle ember will change the german titel into the english one. All one can do is to have the software "force" a renaming to german titles for all files.

Of cause that's not an option, because how am i to distinguish then, if the movie title referrs to an english or german movie?

So basically look for a software to ask before it renames the file in such a case, or maybe be "intelligent" enough to guess, that i'd like to keep the movie's native titel and just cut and reduce it or enhance it with the date specification according imdb to standard.

eg:

orig. filname:
Alles ist erleuchtet - Everything Is Illuminated.avi

renamed to:
Alles ist erleuchtet (2005).avi

It would be perfect of cause, if the programm could offer the option to rename the parent folder accordingly, since, like in my case, the folders might already be named after the non-standard filenames.

Man i hope i was able to make myself clear Smile

Thanks to u all in advance ....
oh, i forgot...
maybe it'd be a good idea to have the english title stored in a predefined variable. e.g. "original title" or s.th. like that...
Take a look at EMM:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50348
Thanks,

but if i saw it correctly ember offers "only" one way or the other. Either all files get renamed to the english title, or the all will be forced on a language u priviously selected in the softwares options dialogue. But what if u want the files to be renamed according to the actiually contained Audio stream?
Grab yourself a copy of Media renamer from http://code.google.com/p/mediarenamer/
I use this to rename all my files prior to scrapeing with xbmc and so far i have had 0 problems. it's free and easy to useSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automated file-renaming0