[LINUX] Get XBMC to work on Acer Revo r36010 with Ubuntu
Hi Guys

I have documented in some detail the process i went through to get XBMC working on my Revo.

Please have a read at http://www.one-eye.co.uk. Please post any comments or questions here for the benefit of others

Cheers
T
Jeez, Acer Revo R3610 of course!
hi thermopyl,

it works great, thank you ;-)
I've got the same problems like you and now I can look the 1080 mkv files on my revo r3610 .....
well, while I appreciate your effort, there's nothing in your blog that isn't already covered here. I just don't see the point...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:well, while I appreciate your effort, there's nothing in your blog that isn't already covered here. I just don't see the point...

Hey Hannes, fair point. This forum is excellent which is why I made sure i linked back to posts that really helped me.

One of the problems however, is that sometimes the solution is buried in over 20 pages of iterative comments. My blog is a description of how I solved my specific problems and if it helps someone then that's great Wink
Hi a just got revo 3610 aswell and been following your blog @ http://www.one-eye.co.uk its really intresting to read

keep up the good work

Michael

1Q Do you install the full os Ubuntu on the revo 3610? and do you install it to the hard drive or usb pen?
Hey Michael, thanks for your comments

I installed the 32-bit version of Ubuntu Desktop, so yes the full version. Once you have it setup, you can boot directly into a XBMC session which keeps the loaded to memory programs to a minimum. I installed it onto the hard drive - I tried the USB option and it was painfully slow.

I followed the post referred to in my blog for a dual boot install. I reformatted the D drive to Ext4 and used this for my Ubuntu install.

best of luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Get XBMC to work on Acer Revo r36010 with Ubuntu0