• 32(current)
Night Release Thread
Yea, thats my only recommendation...If you have say "Chuck" logo that you want to change, change it now before you load up Night otherwise it's a pain to change later

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Ok thanks. I thought it would be easy, just (manually) replace TV Shows\Chuck\logo.png with a new logo.png. But thanks, will check my logos first!
mcborzu Wrote:No Night doesn't use Actor fanart...I never even heard of it.

Only thing I recommend is get your favorite logos first before using Night, changing them in a merge version of XBMC is a pain.

Oh Please say it can be so.

Can you tell I am an image/Logo Whore? I Would love to see a View that could use all the images it can download. IE: "logo.png" "landscape.jpg" "fanart.jpg" "Studio Art" A Genre Art image would be nice to add. And now this "Actor fanart" would be super great.

Go on. Make a image/logo whore a happy man.

Wish I knew how to make skins. What programs do you use to get this done? Please don't say "notepad"
@addsodz, as far as I know, some skins have the option in a specific context menu of a movie to show actor details, then you'll see a small picture of one of the actors. Thats all. It's not really a part of a skin or fanart-shown-in-a-skin.

The option to download actor fan art is in Settings>Video. I hope mcborzu won't waist his time on this! Smile
mcborzu. I gotta say, I'm so damn happy to see this skin. I loved the text effects in Zune's UI and to see something similar here is awesome. Smile

Please keep this skin going. It has serious potential IMO. Even in its form, it's become my default skin. And I *never* stick with skins other than default. Wink

Thank you.
zilexa Wrote:@addsodz, as far as I know, some skins have the option in a specific context menu of a movie to show actor details, then you'll see a small picture of one of the actors. Thats all. It's not really a part of a skin or fanart-shown-in-a-skin.

The option to download actor fan art is in Settings>Video. I hope mcborzu won't waist his time on this! Smile

Oh, I Know about the "actor art" settings to download them in the normal scraper settings and so on. It's just I have not seen a skin that displays them with out having to go past about 3 menus to show them. I Would love to have a view type that showed them right up front along with fan art and title logos.

Just because you don't want it. Does not mean it's a bad thing. "Don't hate, Appreciate". The beauty of extra view type is we can both have what we want in time. He who waits (or learns) will get what he wants in the end.
Oddsodz Wrote:Oh, I Know about the "actor art" settings to download them in the normal scraper settings and so on. It's just I have not seen a skin that displays them with out having to go past about 3 menus to show them. I Would love to have a view type that showed them right up front along with fan art and title logos.

Just because you don't want it. Does not mean it's a bad thing. "Don't hate, Appreciate". The beauty of extra view type is we can both have what we want in time. He who waits (or learns) will get what he wants in the end.

I love to be able to see:
The Dark Knight
Starring- Christian Bale, Maggie Gynehkyhlkhl, Heath Ledger

At top level but the Devs say it slows things down too much, they've said when they work on the new DB (ETA Huh) we probably be able to pull actor info on main level. As of now not possible...

Update 6/15/2010
-Added "extrafanart" to Video Library
-Changed up look of Files View
-Clean Library dialog hidden when video playing
-Added ability for 2 Custom playlists on Home plus backdrops, thx Waffa

**both git and main download up to date

**Couple Notes**

EXTRAFANART
1. Throwing that extrafanart out there more as a trial balloon. If I find out it screws up scrolling or whatnot I'll take it out.
2. To use it create a folder called "extrafanart" in the top level of your TV directory like so:
D:TV Shows/Lost/extrafanart
3. No option to check if you decide to create the folder and set it up correctly it'll work
4. Technically will work for movies too if you want

New Files look:

Side Note-
People should look into playlists they're very powerful and the best way to have a separate library of HD movies

mcborzu Wrote:-Clean Library dialog hidden when video playing

<3
Someone was mentioning about being a logo whore. They should look into Ember Media Manager. They just upgraded and now have a new add-on for XBMCStuff where you can auto download the Landscape, Logo and ClearArt as well as the Posters, Fanart and Info.

The EMM guys just keep on going. I'll probably send in some money to them since they are busting their butts keeping up with EVERY request that goes into them.

If you haven't checked EMM (Ember Media Manager) out yet, you really should! Just ask anyone on these forums who use it.
I think EMM is crap, I still use MIP myself.
I don't even get why you need a media manager, and I have about 1700 episodes from various tv-shows and about 500 movies. Why are you guys using it so I might get an idea?
Agree with Handa. Never understood the need. Do have XBMC Web Media Manager but more for fun, to be able to see what media I have without having to sit in front of my TV.

I am not sure what the benefits are of having fanart and movie info in the same folder as the movie/tv show itself (that is what media managers like Ember do right?).
But now that Night supports TV Show logos (wich are in the root of tv shows) and extra fanart, maybe XBMC will also store all fanart and info like this in future versions.
XBMC didn't used to handle media quite as well as it does these days. I rarely ever need nfo files for movies but more often than not I use MIP for my tv series.
The major benefit of still using a media manager is downloading fanart/thumbs/info for media and having a permanent copy locally.
If for any reason I'd need to re-scrape my 2800 movie library or 23,000 episode tv library I already have this info and don't need to re-download it or in a worst case scenario it's there incase one of the database sites is down or has become defunct.
I like EMM for movies and MIP for episodes. I perfer media managers especially for Movies:

1. Helps speed up scanning, dont have to connnect to the internet for each item
2. Spend time to setup it up perfectly once and don't have to again
3. Many of the first scrapes for Studio are unknown, I can pick the correct studio
4. Just find it more comfortable and quicker to check for errors and picking the best fanart from the computer rather than going thru each item 1 by 1 on the couch
5. extrathumbs
6. You can set things up exactly like you want, I like to search by genre but by default the genre field is way too vague with 5-7 genres I like to trim it to 1-2 genres

XBMC does a fine job but if you want things to display exactly how you want and want to control over how it ends up displaying go with a Media Manager

• 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night Release Thread2