• 48(current)
Night Release Thread
hikaricore Wrote:That would probably be a massive pain in the ass to write..
ppic wrote a plugin for that.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=511166
Graphicsgod Wrote:But what happened to "cdart"?!?! Mine some how got disabled and I can't figure out how to get it back with the Night skin. Anybody know what happened?!? My fanart came back, but cycling through different fanart for music doesn't happen (never did Sad ). WTF?!? It's driving me batty!! Help!!

Maybe we can try and see what a debug log will tell us....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Just noticed this yesterday and thought I posted about it-that'll teach me to browse forums at 3 AM...

There's no way to alter the "sort" order in the view options-at least not that I could find. For example, you can order by name, but you can't select ascending or descending order.
Found a little labeling mistake. On the Addon screen, when you select an addon, the Update button is actually Settings and the Settings button actually updates it.
nickkarstedt Wrote:Found a little labeling mistake. On the Addon screen, when you select an addon, the Update button is actually Settings and the Settings button actually updates it.

Thats and XBMC thing, not a skin. (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)
Kallaide Wrote:Thats and XBMC thing, not a skin. (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)

Don't think so, it appeared right last time I checked in other skins (Although, it might just be the version of the SVN I have). I'll check it on another skin in the morning.
nickkarstedt Wrote:Don't think so, it appeared right last time I checked in other skins (Although, it might just be the version of the SVN I have). I'll check it on another skin in the morning.

Oh no it was an error and a quick fix...

phew.

this is by far the coolest skin i've seen created for a while now.. fantastic!

Also i love the well-named color and font sets, makes it really easy to alter them for personal prevs.

one q though: how comes, there is a logo.png for the show "24" but it doesn't get displayed?
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:phew.

this is by far the coolest skin i've seen created for a while now.. fantastic!

Also i love the well-named color and font sets, makes it really easy to alter them for personal prevs.

one q though: how comes, there is a logo.png for the show "24" but it doesn't get displayed?

THX for the compliment...

Could be alot of little factors on the 24 logo:

Only works on these setups:
Quote:Lost/
-all .avi's here

and

Lost/
-Season X
-all .avi's here

Not:
Quote:Lost/
-Season X
-Episode Folder
-avi here

Or I heard trouble with mutiple source setup for one show like:
Quote:D:TV Shows/Lost Season 1
F:TV Shows/Lost Season 2

A debug log will show where it's searching, heads up though, it will spit out one error because you need two controls to account for the 2 different source setups above...

mcborzu Wrote:THX for the compliment...

Could be alot of little factors on the 24 logo:

Only works on these setups:

my tv series are located under

J:\SERIES\DATABASE\

in there it goes like

24\
SEASON 1
SEASON 2
SEASON 3
tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
logo.png

and so on.

I'm using Junction Link Magic to get rid of different locations for several seasons on my win7, so technically this means i have a DATABASE folder
with EMPTY seaon folders - which then are junction linked to to correct locations.. so 24 SEASON 1 for example has the path

J:\SERIES\DATABASE\24\SEASON 1 (This is the path how xbmc sees it )

but the episodes really lay at

J\SERIES\01-COMPLETED\24 - SEASON 1

This is done for ALL my tv series and i have no problem whatsoever with logo.png, as it goes directly into the DATABASE\NAME dir. it just does not show up for 24..

Next q would be: how to change that logo? if i replace it by a better one, it still shows up the old logo. even if i delete logo.png, it still shows up.

Guess it got cached somewhere?
Yea the caching of logos or any user defined thumb like extrathumbs/cdart/cleart or even folder.jpg in File mode, once it's cached it's a pain to change....They changed the cache system about 3 months ago.

I'm still unsure of the best way to do it:
1. Defiantly removing/re-adding source works
2. I heard deleting the texture db file also works, haven't tried myself though...

ppic said once XBMC settles down he can change the script to also replace the cached image too..

mcborzu Wrote:Oh no it was an error and a quick fix...

Oh, wow. I didn't think you had control over the Add-on section.
I was wondering with the logo thing any chance you could add a browse ? this would over write the cache same as Folder and fanart ?
mcborzu Wrote:Yea the caching of logos or any user defined thumb like extrathumbs/cdart/cleart or even folder.jpg in File mode, once it's cached it's a pain to change....They changed the cache system about 3 months ago.

got ya.. uh, that really sucks. i mean, caching is nice when it comes to speed things up, but then they should also supply an easy method to a) erase the cached image or b) enforce a replaced one.

I mean, removing the source with 364 tv-shows on it and readding it just to replace ONE logo? omg.. Smile

Imho the easiest way to overcome this would be to use that "get logo" button in tv show info screen to replace the cached image.

which brings me to another thing: that "get logo" thing would really benefit from displaying a thumbnail of what to download - similar to the fanart image. Smile And: Cover download should display the whole cover as a thumbnail instead of just a small portion that fits the preview grid..
Ram2000 Wrote:I was wondering with the logo thing any chance you could add a browse ? this would over write the cache same as Folder and fanart ?

good idea, mate..
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night Release Thread2