• 51(current)
Night Release Thread
mcborzu Wrote:update 7/9/2010

-updated bbfc ratings code and images

This looks/works much better now.
Thanks man.
mcborzu Wrote:Well unless you used that export watched data script or whatever I think you might have lost it...Or just make sure you have it enabled in skin settings.

I had trouble 2 weeks back with XBMC scrapping my music fanart but last couple builds were fine.

HA!! Stupid me, I copied over the artwork from the old and the settings, but for some odd reason that setting got set to off. All my other settings were ok, just the watched overlay.
mcborzu Wrote:I just redownloaded the script and they weren't in there, yet they we're in the Night/scripts folder...

Are those .pyo files something that gets created after a user runs the script?

yes that's compiled files. don't need to put them in download.
Update 7/12/2010
-Change the Home gradients form darkish-blue to black
-Added Files button to submenu Movies and View Options
-Changed the Files view strikethrough to an "X" for watched overlay
-Added Global time to Music and Video Files mode
-Fixed some buttons errors for MusicOSD
-Repositioned 'Now Playing' video on 3dLandscape to top right
-Added a "Clean Poster" option to Poster view, removes all info but Poster image

**both git and regular download up to date

Remember
Regular Download- Premerge/Pre-10.5
Git - Merge/10.5 Compatible

New watched overlay

Clean Poster View

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
New update is working great mcborzu. Really glad that the "watched overlay" has been changed.

Thanks for all the hard work.
i'll be honest with you .. this is the first skin in a long time (since djh was teasing us with aeon's youtube clips) to really make me consider switching skin's

back then i was using horizon's and couldn't wait for aeon to go public ...
these days i'm using aeon auriga, and am tempted to try night

only thing holding me back is i'm lazy and don't want to install git on this comp so i'm hoping the skin will make it into xbmc's addon server soon so i can install from there Smile
I'm not seeing the new watched overlay in the file viewtype.
Are you sure git is up to date?
mcborzu Wrote:Update 7/12/2010
-Change the Home gradients form darkish-blue to black
-Added Files button to submenu Movies and View Options
-Changed the Files view strikethrough to an "X" for watched overlay
-Added Global time to Music and Video Files mode
-Fixed some buttons errors for MusicOSD
-Repositioned 'Now Playing' video on 3dLandscape to top right
-Added a "Clean Poster" option to Poster view, removes all info but Poster image

**both git and regular download up to date

Remember
Regular Download- Premerge/Pre-10.5
Git - Merge/10.5 Compatible

New watched overlay

Clean Poster View

Nice, but I'm an information whore Wink! And need to see information about the movie. Is this a toggable option or is this set in stone?

Maybe move the information from the bottom to the upper left..

Also I still am not a fan of those "X"'s Sad. Still makes me feel like the video is missing or something. Sorry.
pletopia Wrote:i'll be honest with you .. this is the first skin in a long time (since djh was teasing us with aeon's youtube clips) to really make me consider switching skin's

back then i was using horizon's and couldn't wait for aeon to go public ...
these days i'm using aeon auriga, and am tempted to try night

only thing holding me back is i'm lazy and don't want to install git on this comp so i'm hoping the skin will make it into xbmc's addon server soon so i can install from there Smile

just get the portable version of git, and you can keep that in your archives for whatever you want (I believe Aeon updates via git)
hikaricore Wrote:I'm not seeing the new watched overlay in the file viewtype.
Are you sure git is up to date?

just got it from git too and can't see any of the changes mentioned
pletopia Wrote:only thing holding me back is i'm lazy and don't want to install git on this comp so i'm hoping the skin will make it into xbmc's addon server soon so i can install from there Smile

ppic and the guys at XBMC-Passion build all the skins every night and put them into a .zip. Link is on the first post...

**lol, Looks like I forgot to update git, all updated now**

mcborzu Wrote:ppic and the guys at XBMC-Passion build all the skins every night and put them into a .zip. Link is on the first post...

did that .. and let me tell you .. this is AWESOME

already set it my library views to suit me and i'm very impressed by the skin Smile

one thing i noticed .. in the settings -> skin -> Movies/TV panel .. at the bottom where the logo script is it says "Goto http://www.lockstockmods.com .." .. typo the page is actually http://www.lockstockmods.net Wink

also, any way it would be possible to show the weather on the home page when you scroll on top of it (instead of having to hit enter) alla aeon style ? and does the skin support conditional weather backgrounds cause i still have my weather fanart pack from aeon

----

okay .. found how to setup conditional weather Smile
also, found the Enable Weather Widget on home screen ... but it didn't do anything for me ?? (no weather on home screen in vertical or horizontal mode)

also, i hid Programs, Favorites and shutdown from home screen .. when the home is setup Vertically it hides them, when i changed it to horizontal mode they don't get hidden

i prefer the horizontal home screen .. it flows better with the rest of my library views, however does it need to be so in the middle of the screen ?? anyway to bring it down to the bottom?
Thanks for the reply earlier. Is there any way to change the picture for the home. Currently the home large background image is really pixelated on a large screen - I'm happy to keep the small menu icon though not the large image.

Also is there a way to remove menu options so that other users can't alter the settings. This will also make it easier for all users to navigate.

Thanks so much for your help!
I will buy you a virtual beer if you help me sort out this remote...
Hi again any chance you will be adding Genre Fanart ? i ask before i try figure it out myself as I have redone all my Folder icons
would look great with the Fanart aswell

pletopia Wrote:okay .. found how to setup conditional weather Smile
also, found the Enable Weather Widget on home screen ... but it didn't do anything for me ?? (no weather on home screen in vertical or horizontal mode)

also, i hid Programs, Favorites and shutdown from home screen .. when the home is setup Vertically it hides them, when i changed it to horizontal mode they don't get hidden

i prefer the horizontal home screen .. it flows better with the rest of my library views, however does it need to be so in the middle of the screen ?? anyway to bring it down to the bottom?

1. One day forcast should show then you use the weather submenu to change it one, 3 day or 4 day. I'll check if that day one option shows by default or if you have to check it in the submenu first...

2. I think, due to the time change and me forgetting to update git to this morning, it was fixed on this update but the XBMC-passion link might be a little behind or was when you downloaded. Again I'll 2x check

3. Technically yes, if I get time...

Rob Xbox User Wrote:Thanks for the reply earlier. Is there any way to change the picture for the home. Currently the home large background image is really pixelated on a large screen - I'm happy to keep the small menu icon though not the large image.

Also is there a way to remove menu options so that other users can't alter the settings. This will also make it easier for all users to navigate.

1. You change any of the Home backgrounds in Settings->Skin->Background customizer. Or post a screenshot of problem...

2. Yes Night has a kiosk mode, Settings->Skin->General

Ram2000 Wrote:Hi again any chance you will be adding Genre Fanart ? i ask before i try figure it out myself as I have redone all my Folder icons
would look great with the Fanart aswell

Why not wouldn't hurt anything...

• 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night Release Thread2