• 99(current)
Night Release Thread
Any thoughts on officially adding the banner view? Its really the only thing keeping me from using Night. I love it, the features, the look. Just can't look at a minimal amount of tv shows in one shot.

Otherwise, I'm stuck with Confluence. Which is also nice...
The skins beautiful, I'm going to put it on one of my boxes later tonight, but I have to say this:

If you like to say thanks, please consider donating any amount no matter how small to one of the below:

XBMC
theTVDB
themoviedb

Is very admirable. Not trying to take any credit for your work is pretty cool to see. I just thought I'd point that out.
mcborzu Wrote:1. Extarfanart - name them whatevr you want, there isn't a naming convention
2. extrathumbs - thumb1.jpg,thumb2.jpg,etc...I only use two, some skins use more
3. Yes I think I'll add the monochrome flags...

1 - Thx
2 - Thx muchly
3 - Hope my comment wasn't too critical. I just think the media should be the focus - and the coloured flags detract from that IMO Rolleyes

@zwat - Thx for the pointer.

One last thing - should there be a blue line under the logo in the TV landscape view. I noticed on Passion-xbmc their pic of the skin has one and I'm sure I saw mention of this somewhere among the threads. Am I missing something (I'm using 1.4.6). (I like the blue line - feels like the logo needs one to bring it to focus).

I'm getting a real big buzz with this skin. Haven't felt this excited about the xbmc system since I originally set it up 4-5 years ago. Great work my good man!!
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
sufreak Wrote:Any thoughts on officially adding the banner view? Its really the only thing keeping me from using Night. I love it, the features, the look. Just can't look at a minimal amount of tv shows in one shot.

Otherwise, I'm stuck with Confluence. Which is also nice...

I thought there was a banner view. I was using it before I switched to landscape view. Don't you have to turn it on in the skin section?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:I thought there was a banner view. I was using it before I switched to landscape view. Don't you have to turn it on in the skin section?

He's looking for a 12-20 banners on screen at once. Can't say it on my radar this week, mostly checking for bugs and making sure my next Repo update is perfect...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
KidKiwi Wrote:One last thing - should there be a blue line under the logo in the TV landscape view. I noticed on Passion-xbmc their pic of the skin has one and I'm sure I saw mention of this somewhere among the threads. Am I missing something (I'm using 1.4.6). (I like the blue line - feels like the logo needs one to bring it to focus).

The consensus it seems was for it to be removed. It was there for the first 4-5 months, I took it out maybe a month or so ago...I guess it's just a preference thing but Id guess the preference was probably 70/30 against it so I took it out, plus I think it looks 'cleaner' without.

KidKiwi Wrote:Understandable.

I asked because I have a really large library - and showcase view (my favourite) just doesn't offer enough covers when browsing for a movie to watch. My problem further stems from being particularly susceptible to motion sickness - and when flying through showcase view (and others) I start feeling ill - especially with the focused cover flying in and out. And...using the scrollbar to deliver one page at a time cuts off the cover on each end of the screen - so I never get to see those covers while using the SBar.

I've come from PM3 - using the DVD ICons view (two panes of covers putting ten on the screen at the same time. PM3-HD puts 12 I think on the screen. I'd like a similar view putting two panes right across the screen - about 14 or 16 at a time. Allows you to browse a lot at one time.

Funny thing is, I've found myself switching back to PM3-HD to make a selection, then back to Night to watch it. Not sure I have the required skills to make it happen on my own.

PS - Just started work on my TV section and setting it up using Landscape with logos and fanart etc. Looks fantastic - like having a brand new system all over again. Big Grin

In the showcase view, I fixed the problem you described by changing a couple of tags in Viewtype_Showcase.xml.

Look for <control type="wraplist" id="58"> in the file (line 49 in the latest published version).
Change the value <posx>-135</posx> to <posx>31</posx>
Change the value <width>1480</width> to <width>1218</width>
Change the value <focusposition>4</focusposition> to <focusposition>3</focusposition>
mcborzu Wrote:The consensus it seems was for it to be removed. It was there for the first 4-5 months, I took it out maybe a month or so ago...I guess it's just a preference thing but Id guess the preference was probably 70/30 against it so I took it out, plus I think it looks 'cleaner' without.

You don't still have the code and image do you? I though it looked quite good. It's easy to get confused which one is highlighted as well - especially as the logo is offset from the landscape pic.
gcash513 Wrote:In the showcase view, I fixed the problem you described by changing a couple of tags in Viewtype_Showcase.xml.

Look for <control type="wraplist" id="58"> in the file (line 49 in the latest published version).
Change the value <posx>-135</posx> to <posx>31</posx>
Change the value <width>1480</width> to <width>1218</width>
Change the value <focusposition>4</focusposition> to <focusposition>3</focusposition>

Thx for the pointer. What does this mod actually do?
Quick question...

Does Night support Fanart in the programs section? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=618...tcount=787)

Didn't want to have to disassemble Night if the support was already there, just trying to make my programs section match the above concepts
marjanovich Wrote:Quick question...

Does Night support Fanart in the programs section? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=618...tcount=787)

Didn't want to have to disassemble Night if the support was already there, just trying to make my programs section match the above concepts

I was actually doing this type of little things today....

***EDIT***

if you use GIT, check if what I just uploaded works....

Ill grab it when I head back home this evening... (driving) and let ya know
So far it works using the instructions from this thread

Just let this thread die...

I didn't lock it in case anyone wanted to quote something but just let this thread die, discussions should happen in new general release thread thx...

Oh thank you!

Just one question please Big Grin : could you place at the disposal the .psd's file of the Moviesgenre's files (they are in the repertory 'Extras')?
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night Release Thread2