[linux] Asus At3iont-i deluxe ir remote
Hey guys. Has anyone had any success setting up the remote receiver that comes with this board in lirc? My ubuntu setup seems to recognize a few of the keys be default, but not all of them. Trying to get it all set up properly in lirc and having a hell of a time. Can't seem to figure out which driver to use for the receiver as I cant find any info on it. Not really even sure what the model number is. Anyone else been able to set it up in lirc? I could sure use a hand.

Thanks
Okay! I figured it out! (including all of the 8 special buttons!) So here is what I did. I followed this guide, (different board, but seems to be the same IR receiver model)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_Control

Then after that, some of the buttons were working. Just not the 8 special ones. So I did a bit more digging, and found this post on the ubuntu forums. I followed the steps in there to the T and it all worked first time through. It did say Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 2.6.31-21-generic (i386) after installing his deb package, but everything worked fine regardles

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9...stcount=12

Hope some of you find it helpful!

- Cheers
gooms9 Wrote:Hey guys. Has anyone had any success setting up the remote receiver that comes with this board in lirc? My ubuntu setup seems to recognize a few of the keys be default, but not all of them. Trying to get it all set up properly in lirc and having a hell of a time. Can't seem to figure out which driver to use for the receiver as I cant find any info on it. Not really even sure what the model number is. Anyone else been able to set it up in lirc? I could sure use a hand.

Thanks
Yes, the remote now works fine, see my post #67 on the board's related thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=536...stcount=67
gooms9 Wrote:I followed the steps in there to the T and it all worked first time through. It did say Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 2.6.31-21-generic (i386) after installing his deb package, but everything worked fine regardles

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9...stcount=12

Hope some of you find it helpful!

- Cheers
Hi, I made the deb package and I'm glad it works for you. I think it's strange that you got an error but then it works. Some of the two modules failed to build. Does the bluetooth work? Which Ubuntu version are you using? Do you care to help some debugging by posting here the contents of building logfile? It should be a make.log in /var/lib/dkms/asus-at3iont-i-deluxe/1.0.1/build/
I'm using karmic 9.10. I'm completely new to linux, but i googled how to look up my kernel version, and found this command "uname -a" and here is what it said.

Linux media-server 2.6.31-21-generic #59-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 24 07:28:56 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

As for that log file, I can't seem to find any log file in that directory. Here is what I see in there.

dkms.conf
drivers
Makefile
modules
modules.conf
README

It also seems to be causing some other issues now that I've played around with it a bit... for instance. I uninstalled lirc with the following command "sudo apt-get --purge remove lirc" and then when I went to reinstall it again with "sudo apt-get install lirc", i got the following output.

xbmc@media-server:~$ sudo apt-get install lirc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
lirc-modules-source lirc-x
The following NEW packages will be installed:
lirc
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/559kB of archives.
After this operation, 2,507kB of additional disk space will be used.
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously deselected package lirc.
(Reading database ... 74753 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking lirc (from .../lirc_0.8.6-0ubuntu2_i386.deb) ...
Processing triggers for doc-base ...
Processing 1 added doc-base file(s)...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for hal ...
Regenerating hal fdi cache ...
hal start/running, process 2087
Setting up asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-dkms (1.0.1) ...
Removing old asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-1.0.1 DKMS files...

------------------------------
Deleting module version: 1.0.1
completely from the DKMS tree.
------------------------------
Done.
Loading new asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-1.0.1 DKMS files...
First Installation: checking all kernels...
Building for architecture i386
Building initial module for 2.6.31-21-generic

Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 2.6.31-21-generic (i386)
Consult the make.log in the build directory
/var/lib/dkms/asus-at3iont-i-deluxe/1.0.1/build/ for more information.
dpkg: error processing asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-dkms (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 10
Setting up lirc (0.8.6-0ubuntu2) ...
* Loading LIRC modules
...done.
* Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC
...done.

Errors were encountered while processing:
asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-dkms
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Edit: Also, I can't tell if bluetooth is working or not as I have no bluetooth devices. I did however try and run the command you said to run after config file changes, "sudo dpkg-reconfigure asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-dkms" and I got the following output. "asus-at3iont-i-deluxe-dkms is broken or not fully installed" Not sure what's going on. I think I did something heinous to my ubuntu build now. I think I'm going to try a reinstall.

Edit 2: I also want to clarify that I've done 4 full reinstalls of ubuntu (same version every time), all of which give the same error with this driver, all of which end up with a flawlessly working remote still. Also, i'm using the mini.iso to install with no desktop GUI installed.
Clearly one of the two drivers fails to build.
Are you sure that after the unsuccessful installation/building there is no make.log file there? It really should be where it says.
Also look inside the modules subdir. What files are there?

I have not tried building the drivers under Karmic. It might be that they are incompatible with that kernel version. Is there a reason that you prefer Karmic over Lucid? If not then try Lucid.
I just had heard that there were sleep/resume issues in lucid. I was just following a step by step tutorial that started with a karmic install, are the issues that people have had with sleep / resume in lucid resolved? I'm going to have to do another installation today so maybe I'll try out lucid this time. If i do karmic again, i'll look for that log file right after I install.
gooms9 Wrote:I just had heard that there were sleep/resume issues in lucid. I was just following a step by step tutorial that started with a karmic install, are the issues that people have had with sleep / resume in lucid resolved? I'm going to have to do another installation today so maybe I'll try out lucid this time. If i do karmic again, i'll look for that log file right after I install.
I have no issues with suspend/hibernate/resume in Lucid in 3 different PCs. Perhaps other hardware has issues, but this board works fine out of the box with Lucid (apart from the missing bluetooth and remote drivers).
What about USB disk mounting? I've heard there are issues with that as well. Is there a fix out for that issue? If those two are resolved then I think I'll give it a shot this afternoon. Maybe I'll just try it anyways, but all of me media is on a usb hard drive so no usb disk mounting is a bit of a deal breaker. I'm not sure if that's actually an issue at all, I've just read somewhere that it's a problem with xbmc in lucid. I haven't actually gotten it to work in karmic yet either though, so maybe I'll have to do a bit more research.
gooms9 Wrote:What about USB disk mounting? I've heard there are issues with that as well. Is there a fix out for that issue?
I have no idea about problems with usb disk mounting. I boot this board from an external usb disk btw. As an advice I would say don't follow guides that fix problems which you don't know if you have. just do a normal install and if you have any problem then look for solutions.
Installed on lucid without issues. Guess it was just a problem with karmic. Thanks!
Hi Ph77,

First thanks a lot for your packaged , it worked perfectly here.

Just one doubt...you say that your suspend and resume works out of the box with your board..there is any special bios configuration ? I'm able to suspend..but not resume with the remote...any idea on what is going on ?

I'm on lucid.

Regards,

Bira.
birunda Wrote:Hi Ph77,

First thanks a lot for your packaged , it worked perfectly here.

Just one doubt...you say that your suspend and resume works out of the box with your board..there is any special bios configuration ? I'm able to suspend..but not resume with the remote...any idea on what is going on ?

I'm on lucid.

Regards,

Bira.
Nothing on bios. See here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=526...stcount=45
hi
i cant turn the device with the remote on.
the ir is plugged into the usb 1 right next to the lan in.
i dont know if what kind of bios settings i have to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[linux] Asus At3iont-i deluxe ir remote0