Movie behavior / recognition
Hi folks,

I've spent nearly two days trying to figure this out for myself before coming for help, I'm getting nowhere... I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

I have a nice new EEE Box (one of the nvidia based HD ones) that I want to use as my MC. It runs Win7 and XBMC works like a dream on it.

I also have XBMC running on my Vista desktop PC, where I'd been playing with it and various other options before deciding which app to use (XBMC won by a mile!).

Both systems are using the same download of XBMC 9.11

There is one thing that's bugging me though. My main movie source is on a an external USB drive in folder: \video\movies this folder contains a mix of ISOs and DVD folders:
\video\movies\moviename.iso &
\video\movies\moviename\video_ts\*.vob *.ifo

The drive is attached to the eee box and the video folder shared

Both systems have a source set up as Movies. On the eebox it's i:\video\movies and on my Vista machine it's smb://eeebox\video\movies

All other source settings are the same

Here's the problem. On the Vista box everything is perfect (I use fanart view) I see all of the movies, in alphabetical order with no distinction between ISOs and DVD folders, clicking on any of them plays the movie.

On the eee box I see the DVD Folders first with folder thumbnails, followed by the ISO's. Clicking on a DVD folder opens it to show the video_ts and audio_ts folders. I can, however right click on the DVD folder and chose play or view movie information.

Happy to gather log files or provide any additional info - just not sure what would be relevant.
Somebody shoot me!

I can't believe I missed it - stacking was off.

Problem solved, sorry for wasting time - maybe the post will be useful to someone else with the same issue...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie behavior / recognition0