Bug in music genre tag reading ? (Windows SVN 28275)
I just changed the "Album Artist" field for all my singles from "Various Artists" to "Singles"

(I did this so there would be an entry for "Singles" at the artist level when I browsed each genre).

However, this brought some anomalies with the genres, seemingly only with long tag names.

Most of the items show up correctly under each genre, but the singles with genre tag "pop;electronic" only show up under the pop genre. There is no entry for an artist called "singles" when i browse the "electronic" genre. (Even though their info screen still lists both genres correctly).

Same story with "pop;international", however "pop;rock" works fine - I see an artist called "singles" in both the pop and rock genre views.

Reverting to tagging all the singles with album artist "Various Artists" does fix the problem. However I then do not see a "singles" entry at artist level. (Only under artist "various artists").

Hope that makes sense - If ness I can add a debug log of the library updating after i change the album artist tag back to "singles".

Thanks for any thoughts / suggestions Smile

---edit: BTW albums seem to have no problem with the same genre combinations. The problem only seems to occur when album field is blank and artist is NOT "Various Artists".
So, you made a fake artist named "Singles" so that you see a "Singles" node when a Genre is chosen, correct? I remember you opened the Feature Req below, so let's try to address this the correct way, by having a true Singles node when filtering by Genre.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...gles+Genre

Did you ever get to try this change? It should allow you to see all "Pop" Singles using navigation of Root->Genre->Pop->All Artists->Singles

I never got around to trying it out. PM me. You seem to have a good library to test this out with.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
A bit more ino on this particular bug - i think the singles / various artist distinction may have been a distraction from the main issue:

For some reason, tracks tagged with "pop" and "electronic" are not playing nice. I think may have something to do with the total length of info in the tag field?

Very strange: tracks with album artist tag of "various artists" show up in pop and electronic, but tracks with the same tagged genres and album artist "kylie minogue" for example only show up under pop genre....

I have no "kylie minogue" albums, only a few singles (all tagged with pop and electronic genres)...However when browsing artists by genre there is no artist entry for kylie minogue under electronic, but she does show up under pop. (All of her songs do show both genres in their track info).

Very strange...any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug in music genre tag reading ? (Windows SVN 28275)0