[WINDOWS]Sound amplification above 0.0
On xbox in the sound amplification box the slider is set at 0.0 which is the middle and give me plenty of room to adjust the volume if I need too. On Windows The slider is at 0.0 which is all the way to the right. If I start playing a file and need my volume than the normal volume controls on my tv and XBMC allow what do I do?
IIRC XBMC doesn't amplify the audio signal. 0dB means it is passing it straight through unmodified. I think this was the same on the XBox, though I last used an XBox a long time ago so I stand to be corrected.

If the sound isn't loud enough even with the TV volume cranked up that suggests a problem with the rip. I've never come across a video where the TV couldn't amplify the sound to unpleasant levels.

JR
It definitely wasn't the same on the xbox. At least on all the builds I used it could go as high as +60 DB. Guess I'll need to go back to the xbox for nonHD content because It gets hot around here so I tend to run a fan and if the sound on the video is a little low (Which doesn't seem that uncommon here lately) then I'm screwed.
The windows version doesn't even have that option. You're just changing the volume, not the volume amplification.

We deliberately haven't enabled the option as yet, as we're wanting to completely redo the audio output chain.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS]Sound amplification above 0.00