How do you put Documentaries in your library?
I can only seam to scrap docs into my library though IMDB but then they all turn up in the Movies folder.. am I doing something wrong?

I would prefer to have a new category in the main Library page.. Documentaries... most recent documentaries.. like the way you have movies or Tv shows.

Also while I am here.. how do you add something like Stand up comedy?
I'm no programmer but I don't think you can do what you wont out of the box. I have wonted to set something up for concerts but I think the only way to do it is buy setting genres to what you wont then filtering buy them.
I hope I'm wrong.
I dont really have a solution for you, but I had a similar problem with my wife wanting workout videos on it. The only solution I could come up with was to add them to the Favorites. Since I have no other favorites, it works great for her.
Xbmc has three media "types" (movies, tv shows, and music videos) and each media type is subdivided into genres, only the top-level media types can be accessed via the "recently added" nodes. You cant even emulate this with a smart playlist as it doesn't provide a mechanism to sort by id.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Use Media Companion, if there no info available you can fill in the info manually into the nfo file and this way xbmc will scrape the docu into the library.

Note: many docu are also on TVDb (TVshows)
Thanks Waffa... I went to try it but it is in development of anew version form the ground up so there is no files rdy for download.. I'll have to wait for the Gen2 version b4 I can test it out.

Thanks for your helps in this thread everyone.
Newest version of Media Companion is on their forum: http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/

And here's a guide on how to "get my Home videos, documentaries etc into the XBMC video library": http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61779
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
So once you scan it with Media Companion... then what? How do you get all those NFO's that is makes into the XBMC library... Do I just set the directory in XBMC to movie scrapper as normal.. but now it loads the scrapping information form the NFO files, instead of the internet?
Jyujinkai Wrote:but now it loads the scrapping information form the NFO files, instead of the internet?

correct. If it sees an associated .nfo file, it does not scrape from the internet for that file
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Yep, srape your content with Media Companion and do all editting stuff there.

Once your library is perfect in MC you can start scaping with XBMC like you normal do, it will scape all info and thumbs/fanart that MC generated in your files.

PS. start with empty library in xbmc. delete video34.db and thumbnails video.
ok... if i make a change ... how do i update the library
With older builds only manually in video info screen.

Newer builds ask if you want to refresh Wink

Edit:
some tips when editting manually... Smile

*select multiple movies in MC (main Browser) and you'll get Multisave mode.
*Rightmouseclick (on movie) edit Movie (alternative)
The clean library function in the system/video settings? you mean?
No, that will only clean data from deleted/taken out video files.
And update Library will only search for new files, not refreshing existing info.!!

If XBMC needs to check every nfo file for updates it would take as long as rescaping the hole thing..

When setting content in new build it asks if you want to refresh existing data. This means no need to delete the video database for refreshing.

Take note xbmc scrapes a movie with .nfo file much faster..
Building a compleet library goes pretty fast !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you put Documentaries in your library?0