A few questions, anyone help please?
Hey all, sorry if these questions have been asked before. I've had a look around and haven't been able to find any answers. So Here goes.

I wish to use my pc as a media player. I am running windows 7, with a radeon 4870 with DVI and HDMI outputs as my graphics card. I am in the process of modding an original xbox remote kit into a pc remote. What I want to know is, can I have xbmc startup directly outputting over HDMI, and be controlled with the xbox remote, all whilst I continue working on the same pc uninterrupted on the main DVI monitor?

Secondly, does the 4870 output audio over HDMI?

Many thanks, Carl
swanster Wrote:What I want to know is, can I have xbmc startup directly outputting over HDMI, and be controlled with the xbox remote, all whilst I continue working on the same pc uninterrupted on the main DVI monitor?

Yes, though bear in mind that XBMC is intended as a media centre not a media player, so what advantages you get over WinAmp isn't clear.

In the settings/system/video output you need to enable "Use a full screen window rather than true fullscreen", and you'll need to use Eventghost to route remote button presses to XBMC when it doesn't have the focus. There are a fair few posts in the forums about using an XBox remote.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few questions, anyone help please?0