Is there option to hide menu items from Music?
Hi all, I've been trying to find a way to remove the "Top 100" and "Years" menu items from the Music window as I want this list shortened.

I checked out MyMusicNav.xml but can't figure out where to remove it. I also cannot remove it from GUI Settings as there's just an option to hide the Music altogether (but not the menu items in it).

I am using Home Style 2 so I'm not talking about hte submenu that pops up on the home screen, but rather when you go into the Movies window...

Any clues would be appreciated!!!!!
If I understand you right, using the home style with large icons and no submenus, then those links are hardcoded into XBMC.

You can however point that link to a specific category (ie: Artists, Albums, Genres) and skip that all together, but I doubt that is your intention.
kryptonyte Wrote:If I understand you right, using the home style with large icons and no submenus, then those links are hardcoded into XBMC.

You can however point that link to a specific category (ie: Artists, Albums, Genres) and skip that all together, but I doubt that is your intention.

Hi, how could I do this?
Thanks in advance for the reply! Wink
This may take some trial and error on your part, but here it goes.

This link details the different categories and how to call them using ActivateWindow().
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ope...nd_Dialogs

Next open up Alaska/720p/Includes.xml and find this line. There are 2 occurrences, try to get the second around line 422.
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
The next part is pretty simple, change it to something like this, substituting CATEGORY with the desired category.
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,CATEGORY, return)</onclick>
Example of CATEGORY: Artists, Genres, Albums, Songs, any of the categories listed on the wiki page I linked above under the "MusicLibrary" section.

NOTE: the ", return" portion makes it so that when you press back after clicking Music it will return you to the home screen. If you want to go to the Music Category menu then remove ", return".

Enjoy, and good luck.
Aw.. long, competent and kind answer, sorry if i didnt thank you before, but i really had no time to read the forum Confused.

Anyway i'll try this out as soon as i have some spare moments.. thank you again!

Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there option to hide menu items from Music?0