Problems with VDADecoder on MacMini (2ghz/1gb ram. nVidia 9400m)
You're playing 23.976 video with a refreshrate of 50 hertz, that's always going to suck.
beelzetron Wrote:My mini is in stock configuration, so has 2gb of ram. Do you think i should upgrade the ram amount to achieve best performances? Do you see anything bad in the xbmc.log?

Yes, up the RAM.
bobo1on1 Wrote:You're playing 23.976 video with a refreshrate of 50 hertz, that's always going to suck.

This could be a good point, i'll give it a try waiting some bucks to upgrade the ram. Smile

Thank you guys for your help. Big Grin
I know its taken a while, but I've got another xbmc.log file. Did everything you asked in the previous post. Here's the result:

http://pastebin.com/iDDTULt2

Probably worth comparing with beel's... Mine's only got 1 GB of Ram, but my fully working mini is the stock configuration with 2gb. And that one runs flawlessly, granted the processor is 2.26 ghz vs. 2.00 ghz in the problematic mini..
jkillah Wrote:I know its taken a while, but I've got another xbmc.log file. Did everything you asked in the previous post. Here's the result:

http://pastebin.com/iDDTULt2

Probably worth comparing with beel's... Mine's only got 1 GB of Ram, but my fully working mini is the stock configuration with 2gb. And that one runs flawlessly, granted the processor is 2.26 ghz vs. 2.00 ghz in the problematic mini..

About this Mac -> More Info -> Graphics/Displays -> VRAM (total)

How much ?
davilla Wrote:About this Mac -> More Info -> Graphics/Displays -> VRAM (total)

How much ?

Just checked. Non-working Mini: Vram (total) = 128 MB vs. 256MB in the working mini... Should I assume that's the problem right there? is there a way to allocate more of the system ram to vram?
jkillah Wrote:Just checked. Non-working Mini: Vram (total) = 128 MB vs. 256MB in the working mini... Should I assume that's the problem right there? is there a way to allocate more of the system ram to vram?

Yep. Nope.
davilla Wrote:Yep. Nope.

Thanks very much for your help, my man! Very much appreciated! As soon as I get around to updating the ram on the mini, I'll check back in and let you know if that indeed fix the problem. I'm now fairly confident it will!

Thanks again!
jkillah Wrote:Thanks very much for your help, my man! Very much appreciated! As soon as I get around to updating the ram on the mini, I'll check back in and let you know if that indeed fix the problem. I'm now fairly confident it will!

Thanks again!

anyway it sounds strange to me. I've a 2006 mini@intel7600 2Gb ram and 64MbVram, plus crystalHD.
Some files, mostly of them, work fluently, both 1080 and 720. Some, not the heaviest ones, skip frames.
Same file, same computer, but plex (so without the crystal support) and there is no frames skipped.
So I'm quite sure there is something in the code that goes wrong Sad
gatto_mannaro Wrote:anyway it sounds strange to me. I've a 2006 mini@intel7600 2Gb ram and 64MbVram, plus crystalHD.
Some files, mostly of them, work fluently, both 1080 and 720. Some, not the heaviest ones, skip frames.
Same file, same computer, but plex (so without the crystal support) and there is no frames skipped.
So I'm quite sure there is something in the code that goes wrong Sad

I think you have thread-jacked Smile . This thread is about VDADecoder and not CrystalHD Smile
hi every body,
FIRST AF ALL : thankx for the huge , great , marvelous , job done by the XBMC team ... i follow this mediacenter since 2002 and i always be wondering about it.

yep, xbmc is the best on all plateform.

I m here for vdadecoder : as other people i'm testing Full HD with a mkv called Avatar.

my hardware is : mac mini C2 duo 2,3hgz , 2 Go , 9400M, 160go hd boght in early 2010.

i've few droped frame : and 43 to 62 % of cpu usage , is this good ?
which option do you have activated ?

on my sony bravia : KDL-46EX500 sometimes there's little drop , very very little but i can see them.

is this a problem of sync, post pocessing or any option i've missed ?
coucou78 Wrote:hi every body,
FIRST AF ALL : thankx for the huge , great , marvelous , job done by the XBMC team ... i follow this mediacenter since 2002 and i always be wondering about it.

yep, xbmc is the best on all plateform.

I m here for vdadecoder : as other people i'm testing Full HD with a mkv called Avatar.

my hardware is : mac mini C2 duo 2,3hgz , 2 Go , 9400M, 160go hd boght in early 2010.

i've few droped frame : and 43 to 62 % of cpu usage , is this good ?
which option do you have activated ?

on my sony bravia : KDL-46EX500 sometimes there's little drop , very very little but i can see them.

is this a problem of sync, post pocessing or any option i've missed ?

Could be anything BUT without you flying me out to stand by your side and watch, there's no telling. The alternative is trusty old xbmc.log, post to a pastebin site please.
I'm having the same issue even though i have upgraded my RAM to 4GB.

XBMC Camelot on Linux on the same machine can, with VDPAU enabled, play any 1080p file i throw at it without and stutter or judder.

However, the same 1080p files played on XBMC (currently at r31938) under OSX gives my both judder and stutter at what seems to be random intervals. It can play as smooth as silk for half a minute and then give me some judder, or it judders with just seconds apart. The stuttering (which will count as drops in the O-screen) does not occur as often. As far as i can tell it does not seem to be related to video bandwidth, ie. it happens both in low- and high bandwidth scenes.

XBMC constantly uses 65-75% CPU during playback.

It's a Mac mini 3,1 2Ghz 4GB RAM (which gives 256MB VRAM), running OSX 10.6.4. I'm at 1080p 50Hz with Sync playback to display enabled (due to the fact that my TV suck at 24Hz). For debugging i have tried disabling framerate sync and setting the display to 24Hz, but it still gives me judder and stutter.

My xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/1y87KmDx

Would be awesome if someone could look in to this. I'll do what i can to help debugging.

/pb
Smile 
I'm sorry, but it seems i jumped the gun on this one. I've now gone through a bunch of my older 1080p mkv movies which i know for a fact played flawlessly under Linux. And guess what? They play flawlessly under OSX as well.

I based my earlier post on two movies, and i was at the time certain i had watched at least Avatar when i was running Linux. Now i'm not so sure. The other one has been trashed at the tracker for sync-issues so it's obvious where the error was there.

My bad! :o

/pb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with VDADecoder on MacMini (2ghz/1gb ram. nVidia 9400m)0