[LIVE] Hulu Desktop Intergration
feyner Wrote:Few adjustments for xbmc-live users. libgtk2.0-2 is required for hulu desktop.
to install use:

Code:
apt-get install libgtk2.0-2

If this fails due to dependencies, follow it up with:

Code:
apt-get -f install

Then you can continue with the dpkg install of huludesktop.

doesn't let me install libgtk2.0-2

Quote:xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ sudo apt-get -f install libgtk2.0-2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libgtk2.0-2

im running the xbmcFReak install of Live

-=Jason=-
I got everything installed and setup however when I run the launcher script I get a popup box on the top left of my TV screen saying something about modifying huludesktop with the correnct location of lib/flashplayer.so
This is driving me batshit crazy! I know I have flash installed in the proper place but it keeps telling me to edit .huludesktop.
waverz Wrote:This is driving me batshit crazy! I know I have flash installed in the proper place but it keeps telling me to edit .huludesktop.

Try 'sudo chown xbmc:xbmc libflashplayer.so'

I got it to work. did a few things and the last thing worked so I assume its what I put above:
1) I tried moving it out oh the home path the /var/lib/<dir> - no change
2) tried to install flashplugin-installer using apt-get : 'sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer' - not sure what that really did.
3) I installed another FLASH version downloaded on another PC and ftped to the box. I ftped as xbmc. That worked.
4) I pointed back to the original libflashplayer and changed the owner and it worked.
5) changed back to root as owner and it still works.

I am confused but I am happy at the same time. I hope this helps you out.
Apparently I needed to do this:

2) tried to install flashplugin-installer using apt-get : 'sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer' - not sure what that really did.

Now the problem is there is no audio and I have to figure out how to get my remote to work with it.
Perfect! Thanks so much for posting this! Worked great on my Zotac ZBOX just as you described it.
I get error 404 not found, when trying to download latest version of flash from http://download.macromedia.com....

Any ideas??
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
I made the mistake of thinking that an upgrade would still let all of my stuff work. This latest upgrade converted the xbmc-live script in /etc/init.d into a upstart script (in /lib/init/) so now this tutorial doesn't work right. I tried copying the sections into the upstart script, but that didn't work either. Does anyone have a new, working solution for this?
fowie Wrote:I made the mistake of thinking that an upgrade would still let all of my stuff work. This latest upgrade converted the xbmc-live script in /etc/init.d into a upstart script (in /lib/init/) so now this tutorial doesn't work right. I tried copying the sections into the upstart script, but that didn't work either. Does anyone have a new, working solution for this?

What exactly do you mean by "upgrade"? What did you do?
I did a full system upgrade (apt-get dist-upgrade). It converted the xbmc-live script from a script in /etc/init.d/ to a symlink that points to /lib/init/upstart-job

I hacked a temporary solution, I added the lines
kill -STOP `pidof xbmc.bin`
...stuff to launch huludesktop
kill -CONT `pidof xbmc.bin`

and that at least keeps me from accidentally controlling xbmc WHILE I'm watching hulu, but the problem is, when I exit huludesktop, it comes back into xbmc and repeats all of the remote keypressed I'd pressed while its process was sleeping...
fowie Wrote:I did a full system upgrade (apt-get dist-upgrade). It converted the xbmc-live script from a script in /etc/init.d/ to a symlink that points to /lib/init/upstart-job

and that at least keeps me from accidentally controlling xbmc WHILE I'm watching hulu, but the problem is, when I exit huludesktop, it comes back into xbmc and repeats all of the remote keypressed I'd pressed while its process was sleeping...

If you updated xbmc why not just add bluecop's repo and install the Hulu plugin?
fowie Wrote:I did a full system upgrade (apt-get dist-upgrade). It converted the xbmc-live script from a script in /etc/init.d/ to a symlink that points to /lib/init/upstart-job

My suggestion is to setup the script to exit xbmc on hulu start and exit hulu on xbmc start
@cowfodder - I looked at the bluecop idea, began troling through the 53 page long post to try and find out if it was for XBMC version 10, or an earlier version, or a beta version, remembered that what XBMC likes to think of a "documentation" really sucks, and threw the idea out the window.

@FishOil - yeah, that's what I'd like to do, but I wasn't sure that user xbmc would be able to kill the xbmc process and re-start it (since it's an upstart job now, seems like typically only sudoers can run anything in /etc/init.d). But I'll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion.
fowie Wrote:@cowfodder - I looked at the bluecop idea, began troling through the 53 page long post to try and find out if it was for XBMC version 10, or an earlier version, or a beta version, remembered that what XBMC likes to think of a "documentation" really sucks, and threw the idea out the window.

The Hulu plugin is for Dharma. Install Bluecop's Repo and download the Hulu plugin (along with several other solid video plugins) inside XBMC's Settings>Addons section.

I have to say this is a very solid plugin. It scrapes for metadata and pulls nice fanart and covers. More importantly the playback seems to work rather well. You should give it a try. At least with the plugin you don't have to deal with leaving XBMC and using the terrible Hulu Desktop program.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
The pluging plays smoother and better than huludesktop anyway.
Downside is, not all stuff plays.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Hulu Desktop Intergration0