[MOD] Green Alaska
Big Grin 
Green Alaska

Addon Compliance Nearly Complete

Now that Team XBMC has published some specifications for skins in the new addons system, I've gone ahead and begun updating my modification to be fully compliant. Currently all I have left is to fix a few bugs in the DialogAddonSettings.xml file and everything should be good to go.

I will try to have another release ready by weeks end (sooner if everything goes according to plan ).

This release is considered UNSTABLE. I test locally using the noted release of XBMC. This release will not work with pre-addon build of XBMC as there have been a number of changes in the way skins work. No I will not port this back to previous versions!

With that out of the way, I'm open to comments and criticisms as long as they are constructive and have substantial evidence. This mod was started because I liked certain features from other skins and wanted to implement them in the skin that I felt had the best base.

Addons support is complete for now, I've done just about everything possible to support them in their current state, now as long as there aren't any major changes to be made skin wise we should be good for a release.

INSTALL NOTES:
Skins/Addons/Scripts now all go in the 'addons' directory of the XBMC Profile Directory.
Find Yours Here

RELEASE(S):
After looking at the download counts, I'm noticing a number of people still downloading the original release. Please always download the 'Latest Release' as it will be the most current. Sorry if the wording was confusing.
Latest Release
Release 5/22/2010
Release 5/22/2010 - Confirmed working on SVN 30260 Windows DX

PRE-REQUISITE(S):
Recently-Added Script - Refactored to work with Addons System

TODO:
  • Possible Horizontal style menu.
  • Add Profiles support back in.
  • Clean up unused code. IN PROGRESS
  • Add Missing Dialogs (Keyboard, TextBox, etc.) IN PROGRESS

CREDITS:
  • Banner Mixed viewtype - Amra (BIG Alaska Mod)
  • Home Menu inspiration - mcborzu (Night Skin)
  • Original Alaska + Alaska-Revisited - Hitcher
  • Alaska Concept - djh
  • Team XBMC - Without there would be none.
Did you plan on adding fanart but diffusing it in that whiteish background? If yes then that look pretty good and still fit into Alaska theme

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thats my next step, getting background fanart. I have the image showing, but haven't worked out how to diffuse the image so it blends into the background. I'm still trying to nail down some cosmetic issues with the menu. Mostly sizing and spacing.
I'm actually working on a horizontal/vertical list with or without backdrops for Revisited at the moment based on djh's original mockup.

Here's the horizontal one in action.

Awesome, both of them.
Hitcher Wrote:I'm actually working on a horizontal/vertical list with or without backdrops for Revisited at the moment based on djh's original mockup.

Here's the horizontal one in action.

I like the looks of that. Might adopt a similar font/colors for mine. That seems to fit better with the skin compared to using the thin font. I think I have the fanart worked out as well, just need to test.
these are all awesome. the left align text for the home screen with fan art like the night skin would be a great addition to Alaska. It something I was looking into too. Alas no skills in this area so would take me an age!

the night change animation change would also be cool for alaska too.
And here's the vertical version -

Wicked!
Totally forgot about that version djh had...both look very nice. I like horizontal one little better though.

I'm considering something similar to that, with the vertical menu spanning from the top to the bottom, however that requires moving the now-playing as well which I haven't looked into doing yet. Shouldn't be too hard really, just a conditional for posx and posy right?
I'm having an issue with pulling a random fanart image from a library. Well not so much an issue as I blatantly can't figure out how to do it. I've got the background image working using the backdrops, but haven't figured out a way to pull a random fanart from a specific library.

I have a feeling I might use the content returned from RecentlyAdded.py, but since I'm developing on a nightly release (r30260) RecentlyAdded.py is failing. Any skinners have a addon style RecentlyAdded method?
kryptonyte Wrote:...since I'm developing on a nightly release (r30260) RecentlyAdded.py is failing. Any skinners have a addon style RecentlyAdded method?
Are you using the most recent recentlyadded from HERE?
This is pretty much the way everyone does random backdrops:
PHP Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <
posx>0</posx>
            <
posy>0</posy>
            <
width>1280</width>
            <
height>720</height>
            <
imagepath background="true">$INFO[Container(300).ListItem.Icon]</imagepath>
            <
timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
            <
randomize>true</randomize>
            <
fadetime>1000</fadetime>
            <include>
Animation_BackdropFade</include>
        </
control

Which corresponds to <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Menu_Custom3_Folder)]</thumb> in the <content> section

Along with the link Arma posted, the code to trigger recently added has changed from:

<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=10)</onfocus>

to

<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.recentlyadded,limit=10)</onfocus>

You dont need limit=10, I think Alaska uses limit=5...

Amra Wrote:Are you using the most recent recentlyadded from HERE?

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the link.

mcborzu:
Why use a multiimage control for a single image? I played with that and the largeimage control thinking maybe it had something to do with the animation and fading between backgrounds, but the behavior is the same for both when the backdrop changes.

I was also confused/suprised when ListItem.Icon returned the Thumb if it existed and overrode the Icon. I was worried I would have to use some fallback or conditional trickery to get fanart for options that had them and backdrops for the rest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Green Alaska0