Audio out question
A quick question,

My htpc is connected to a kingrex usb-dac.
In the Camelot build I have the audio out option set to digital with de dts/dolby options disabled. However in the newer nightly builds in noticed that the digital option is gone and replaced with either HDMI or coaxial/spdif. But there is no USB option, I presume I am not the only one with an usb sound device connected to my PC.
I always thought that I needed the digital out option so that de DAC can take care of the digital-analogue conversion.
My question is which option do I choose as audio output analogue or digital and if it is supposed to be digital why isn’t there a USB option in the nightly builds?

TIA Xervantes
Have you tried the options and none work - if not why not just try them and see which one works? Almost certain I read somewhere that HDMI was for combination either bitstreaming/decode in player if required. coax/spdif, if decode required and pcm transfer to receiver/dac.

I think the name change was introduced because more people were acquainted with the term HDMI and that was how they hooked up, rather than Digital, which really didn't mean a lot in its own right.
I will try that, problem is that even in the latest build Wasapi is not working for me. The sound is slow and distorted, in Camelot (with the wasapi patch) I used a workaround (with the help of advancedsettings.xml) and let the dvd player handle the audio instead of audioplayer. However in the latest builds the advancedsettings.xml file does not seem to work. So I have no way of comparing sound quality. But I am working on that.

The new release is not going well for meSad Both DXVA an Wasapi are not working for me yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio out question0