Show is listed on TheTVDB.com but wont show in XBMC search...
Hi All,

Got an odd one. All my shows are listed and setup correctly with XBMC. However, occasionally, when I add a TV show or perform a refresh it can't pull the data from TheTVDB.com. Now this only happens occasionally and for certain shows not all. And not all the time, which is the most confusing!

For example, the two that I have had a problem with lately.

Had a reinstall of ubuntu/xbmc a week or so back to update to Lucid. All directories stayed exactly the same. XBMC picks up pretty much everything but not Lost. Do TV Show Information and select "Lost" as the search string. Search comes back empty (no shows with Lost in the title?!) I try it on a few different shows to see if it's just maybe tvdb is down. But they work. Eventually after a few opens and closes of XBMC it picks it up as if nothing was ever wrong!

Same thing just happened today when I'd downloaded some Mythbusters. Didn't recognise it and when I searched for myth on my xbmc box it brought up just three shows with myth in the title - which I thought was odd so I brought up my web browser and searched directly on TheTVDB.com and about 15 shows come up including Mythbuster. Still no joy on XBMC so reset it a few times and now it came up first time.

What gives?

Thanks.
Post a debug log for review.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show is listed on TheTVDB.com but wont show in XBMC search...0