Yes another fanart question
Currently I am using the Confluence skin (as it is assured to be updated) and the latest SVN build on a windows 7 box.

I used to have a fanart image displayed for folder structures in my movies area. IE a special fanart for the action section, one for comedy, etc...

I accomplished this before by placing a fanart.jpg file in the folder and naming the movie fanart MOVIENAME-fanart.jpg

This worked perfectly for my old xbox ages ago (with media stream) but now things don't work in any skin. Fanart.jpg in a folder takes precedence over moviename-fanart.jpg so all movies show with the folder fanart (why is that? Shouldn't a specific file be used first before a generic one?) . If i remove the folder fanart.jpg the movies of course work as normal but then genre navigation is horribly ugly.

So is there some way around this issue or am I stuck until I can beg the devs to alter the weight of moviename-fanart.jpg?
Well it seems I will either have to use a hack (set the fanart with fanart.jpg to the cache then remove fanart.jpg so the media files will get the right one) or bite the bullet and move all 800+ movies to individual folders... Luckily I have a script in mind to do that for me since I do agree that all those files (thumbnails, nfo, fanart, etc) are getting a tad messy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yes another fanart question0