VERY nnob question
Hi all

almost ready to download 10.5 ( after 5/30/10) so doing some homework first BUT have hit a snag. I don't seem able to use the search properly to answer fundimental questions I have set myself. I am NOT asking anyone to tell me the answers to the following JUST how to look up the answers effectively so I don't bother you folks too much asking silly questions.

I will be running 10.5 on top of windowsXP professional

question 1 If I set up a video plugin for a specific site (http://www.hulu.com) and I successfully have it as a channel in my xbmc implementation how do I automatically get the updates to the plugin ?

question 2 I want to set up a personal tv guide for internet tv so I can schedule watching babylon 5 on tuesday night at 7pm ( as an example) how do I set up a tv guide?

thanks for any help
Did I miss something or....where are you going to download 10.5? There have been no release dates for it yet.

Im not sure you automatically can get the updates. But you can check periodically in the repo downloaded built into XBMC and it'll check your existing installs and tell you there is an update. From there you can update from within XBMC.

No clue on your second question. I havent looked into anything having to do with the PVR personally.
I'm pretty sure you just have to wait for 10.5 to come out to find out.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Did I miss something or....where are you going to download 10.5? There have been no release dates for it yet.

Im not sure you automatically can get the updates. But you can check periodically in the repo downloaded built into XBMC and it'll check your existing installs and tell you there is an update. From there you can update from within XBMC.

No clue on your second question. I havent looked into anything having to do with the PVR personally.

I thought I read that the release date is 5/30/10

Thanks for the heads up on the repo concept I will check into it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73235
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So I did MISS something. I guess it is slated for 5/30/2010 (sorta). Sorta becasue I also see this..."I just changed the date on trac to 31.05.2010, that will probably not even hold true. (it will be ready whenever it's ready)." by sho.

Whenever is whenever and thats kool by me. I'm all out for waiting longer to avoid 9 million new posts in the forums with issues because it was rushed.
SlaveUnit Wrote:So I did MISS something. I guess it is slated for 5/30/2010 (sorta). Sorta becasue I also see this..."I just changed the date on trac to 31.05.2010, that will probably not even hold true. (it will be ready whenever it's ready)." by sho.

Whenever is whenever and thats kool by me. I'm all out for waiting longer to avoid 9 million new posts in the forums with issues because it was rushed.

ditto

glad I could give a little info back. I still don't know how XMBC will allow me to JUST WATCH episodes online rather than download them but I;m sure it will all make sense one day :-)

thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VERY nnob question0