Need help with zotac build
Alright i've finally given up with my htpc build and am hoping that someone can give me some hints as to what key thing I'm doing wrong.

System config:
Celeron e1400
Zotac miniitx g9300
2 gigs of memory
Windows 7 x64 ultimate

I also over clocked the celeron to about 2.5 ghz but from what I saw on the forums 1.8 ghz is typically more than enough. I spent tons of time looking at the forums for help but it is difficult to find info about optimizing a system for winnows 7. I have tried the live cd but I prefer to try and get windows to work so that I can run other video apps along with xbmc.

Basically the problem is that no matter what I do 1080p streaming is just not cutting it. It massively drops frames and for the most part is unwatchable. I also tried the dsplayer version of xbmc and used both the ffdshow and coreavc codec filters which were better but not perfect.

It seems that most people aren't having these problems which makes me believe that I'm missing something quite simply. If anyone can help me out with my setup that would be much appreciated.

Finally, when I run the normal xbmc build the CPU maxes out pretty regular during playback, with the dsplayer version it stays pretty low, under 50% most of the time.

Thanks...
dunno Windows, but you should try XBMC Live which will work great, HD 1080p without any stuttering.

Edit:
Oops, sorry just saw you tried Live but really want Windows, can't help you with that since I don't use Windows.
What build of XBMC are you running?

Do you have the latest drivers for the built in GPU too?
sheriff2200 Wrote:It seems that most people aren't having these problems which makes me believe that I'm missing something quite simply. If anyone can help me out with my setup that would be much appreciated.

I think the thing you are probably missing is that most people using 9300/9400/ION are using live/linux in order to take advantage of VDPAU for 1080P playback, without GPU assistance that celeron wont be able to handle 1080P on its own.

I believe DXVA is coming for windows but its not in the standard build yet, so you would have to install an SVN version (I dont use the windows version so i don't know how much success people have had getting it to work)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with zotac build0