How to use different resolution than Windows desktop?
Pollisoft, parrydave, unless you're hitting physical limitations of your screen (max horiz/vert/pixel rate), it's Windows and your screen manufacturer screwing with you.
I was able to override the EDID of my TV and get all refresh rates at all resolutions.

But I can understand that some screens are not capable, so maybe later we could turn 'auto adjust refresh rate' into 'auto adjust resolution & rate', with an additional option to favor the selected resolution or the video refresh rate, when an exact match is not available.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
My screen is several years old and accepts only a limited range on inputs. At 1920x1080 it supports only 1080p/24 and 1080i/50/60. Windows lists these as 3 different resolutions each with one selectable rate. For XBMC i would need to have a single windows resolution that supports all 3 rates? I'll look into the EDID option. Thanks
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
That's not clear. If you have three resolutions , 1920x1080@24p, @50i, @60i, you'll be fine. I don't see how each could have a selectable rate.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
parrydave Wrote:My screen is several years old and accepts only a limited range on inputs. At 1920x1080 it supports only 1080p/24 and 1080i/50/60. Windows lists these as 3 different resolutions each with one selectable rate. For XBMC i would need to have a single windows resolution that supports all 3 rates? I'll look into the EDID option. Thanks

For me, thay are the same resolutions, but I cannot add any extra refresh rates by adding customs resolutions via Nvidias control screen.
I will also look into the EDID options, thanks.
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use different resolution than Windows desktop?0