Music scraper: album title fails to match
Hi

My (huge) music collection structure is Artist/year album/track track_title.mp3
The mp3 "album" id3tag all contain the sring "year album".
I have to use this trick to make my samsung mp3 player sort the albums in chronological order ...

Is there any simple way of changing the regexp used to search allmusic for the relevant information ?
I don't really need it though since all mp3 files include a cover jpg which displays fine. I just wish to retrieve the short descriptive text ... so I won't undertake a mass id3tags change.

Thanks !
either change the source or the scraper.
Well, I actually thought it might be possible to set something in advanced settings like tvshowmathing ..
There's nothing to "set". Xbmc simply reads your tags and assumes they are correct. If you give an album the wrong title in the tag, Xbmc doesn't know it's wrong, or in this case that you're intentionally merging the year into the title field. Music metadata fields have well defined meanings. Video doesn't have any good standard metadata tag format, so we have no choice but to try to glean info from the filename.

Here's an idea which will let you keep your Samsung mp3 player work around and allow Xbmc to get the correct title. But it requires mass tagging. Xbmc happens to read both APE and ID3 tags from mp3 files but the APE tag takes precedence. So you coudl try *adding* APE tags to your collection, and leaving the existing ID3 tags in place. Xbmc will import the information from the APE tag, and hopefully your Samsung mp3 player will ignore them, and only use the ID3 tags.

Of course, test this on a handful of files to make sure your Sammy player does ignore them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
alternatively do as i said; edit the scraper. it's a simple edit, just filter out numbers on start of whatever is passed to createalbumsearchurl.
kraqh3d Wrote:Here's an idea which will let you keep your Samsung mp3 player work around and allow Xbmc to get the correct title. But it requires mass tagging.

Thx for this great workaround !!
I could not find a APE tags editor for linux though .. (EasyTag will support id3 only for mp3 files). I tried to rename files, edit with easytag, and save, but I lost the id3 tags.
Mp3tag (for windows) does the trick really easily: import year & album from dir name and save in APE tag without removing id3. Just tick the right options !!

And guess what ? My samsung player ignores the APE tags.

One more reason to keep this nasty virtualbox'ed winXP.

@spiff: I will try to fiddle with the scrapper later, because using APE & ID3 tags might be too much hassle with time.
Hum ..
The APE tags workaround does not work. XBMC seems to ignore these tags from my mp3 files.

So I tried to change the RegExp in lastfm scraper, but it crashes xbmc. I tried:
Code:
<RegExp input="$$1" output="http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=album.search&amp;album=\2&amp;artist=$$2&amp;api_key=71e468a84c1f40d4991ddccc46e40f1b" dest="3">
                        <expression>([12][0-9][0-9][0-9])(.*)
                        </expression>
                </RegExp>

Where is my syntax error ?
APE tags are read after ID3 tags by default - there's an advancedsetting to prioritise them.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I apologize. I thought the priority was APE over ID3.

** edit **

jmarshall ... i took a look at the code. the APE tag isn't read at all unless prioritiseAPE is enabled. that doesnt seem right. why wouldn't Xbmc read the APE tag if (!tag.Loaded()) as that should mean that there's no ID3 tag at all.
jmarshall Wrote:APE tags are read after ID3 tags by default - there's an advancedsetting to prioritise them.

Nice shot, now it works great !!
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scraper: album title fails to match0