fixing choppy Youtube / flash video playback?
This may not be a direct XBMC question, but there is so much knowledge in this group, I figure it couldn't hurt to ask. Asking this same question on non-HTPC forums gets the usual useless answers.

I have my XBMC configured on my HTPC to play back HD video (blurays, mkvs, etc) flawlessly. Everything works nice and smooth with full DXVA support. I've got 8GB of RAM, 64bit machine / OS, etc. The machine is no slouch. Plus, its sitting on a 50MB internet pipe.

But if I want to watch a Youtube video in a browser online? Forget it. Choppy playback always. Even if I let the whole thing queue up, playback still sucks.

So is there anything else that needs to be configured / adjusted to this already capable HTPC that I haven't thought of? This seems pretty backwards that simple online video won't work properly.
Download and install flash 10.1 beta this beta release allows hardware acceleration so your gpu does the work and not your cpu...

Btw if you use hulu desktop it will still be a bit slow compared to their website the app needs some work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fixing choppy Youtube / flash video playback?0