• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark
pls up rapidshare.com
fr500 Wrote:Just checked your screenshots, and I'm not getting the big text on the home screen, just a pretty small video/music/etc. text that's why it looks empty for me. Is it fixable?

Check the first page of this thread. Make sure you using Aeon_Fixed for your font set. I will remove the other set on the next up date. Overlooked that when I released.
Ok I shall explain better, i wasn't getting the big VIDEO/MUSIC/MOVIES text in the background of the home, so my screen was vertically empty. Now, I fixed that moving to aeon_fixed and it's fine as it is.

On the media browsers section, there are:
-showcase
-multiplex
-low list
-wall
-poster slide
-cover plex
-panel plex
-panel list

I have them all enabled, but if I go to movies, there is never a Low List option for example. Maybe there are just named differently on one place?
fr500 Wrote:Ok I shall explain better, i wasn't getting the big VIDEO/MUSIC/MOVIES text in the background of the home, so my screen was vertically empty. Now, I fixed that moving to aeon_fixed and it's fine as it is.

On the media browsers section, there are:
-showcase
-multiplex
-low list
-wall
-poster slide
-cover plex
-panel plex
-panel list

I have them all enabled, but if I go to movies, there is never a Low List option for example. Maybe there are just named differently on one place?

You have banner mode selected...correct??

There should be a view like below in movies still. If not my guess is I need to adjust the visible condition because it is being hidden as a result of banner mode. Easy bug to fix if that is the case. This is all stuff I need to hear because I don't use banner mode and just did a real quick test on it.

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/screenshot005f.png/
i really like it but here are some of my woes:
it seems kinda laggy on my system but it seems like all aeon skins have this problem for me.
there seems to be no option to change to change the backdrops for the tvshows and movies in the main menu.
im coming from alaska and i must say the way alaska handles the movie and tv show buttons (especially with new episodes/shows) seems the best to me so far. i think this way woudl integrate well into your mod. check it out if you havent seen it yet!

thx for the great wor so far!
cheers
pseudoheld Wrote:i really like it but here are some of my woes:
it seems kinda laggy on my system but it seems like all aeon skins have this problem for me.
there seems to be no option to change to change the backdrops for the tvshows and movies in the main menu.
im coming from alaska and i must say the way alaska handles the movie and tv show buttons (especially with new episodes/shows) seems the best to me so far. i think this way woudl integrate well into your mod. check it out if you havent seen it yet!

cheers

This skin (and Aeon for that matter) are texture heavy and are designed for more capable equipment. Try disabling what you don't use and see if that helps. I have a monster HTPC and that is what I designed this for.

Once you select your custom backdrops there is an option under home menu to place them there as well. If not, it just shows them in the views if fanart is disabled. I am following somewhat along the lines of Alaska with the recently added in my change to it. I definitely know that it will change.
any plan for a github / svn repository ?
pseudoheld Wrote:i really like it but here are some of my woes:

cheers

Disable the glint and smoke animation. Runs fine after.
ppic Wrote:any plan for a github / svn repository ?

If I knew how to do either I would.......
how do i go about disabeling glint/smokeHuh

as for the backdrops...either im plain stoopid or sth is wrong with my settings, when i go to customize Legacy and then to the backdrops options it gives me (as expected) the ability to choose single image or multi image but only for music, system, pictures, weather, power...but not movies and tvshows, which are my main concern!
really impressed. the home screen takes some getting used to coming from the original aeon screen.

one problem though is i keep getting the category names displayed below the category icon in the home menu. i cant find a setting to remove this. kind of annoying to see MOVIES in huge text on the background and the again in smaller text below it.
pseudoheld Wrote:how do i go about disabeling glint/smokeHuh

as for the backdrops...either im plain stoopid or sth is wrong with my settings, when i go to customize Legacy and then to the backdrops options it gives me (as expected) the ability to choose single image or multi image but only for music, system, pictures, weather, power...but not movies and tvshows, which are my main concern!

Glint and smoke are under home menu within the settings.

Do you have files scanned into your library? Those show up only when a library is present.
Munkee915 Wrote:really impressed. the home screen takes some getting used to coming from the original aeon screen.

one problem though is i keep getting the category names displayed below the category icon in the home menu. i cant find a setting to remove this. kind of annoying to see MOVIES in huge text on the background and the again in smaller text below it.

That is a bug. I am guessing you have the labels for the icons turned off?

I am going to redo the labels below the icons anyways and they were a very last minute addition. On the fix list.
yes but it also happens if i enable user defined background and leave the icon lables on. that cool. i'll wait for the fix. good work so far!
Munkee915 Wrote:one problem though is i keep getting the category names displayed below the category icon in the home menu. i cant find a setting to remove this. kind of annoying to see MOVIES in huge text on the background and the again in smaller text below it.

Strange because I'm not seeing this behaviour ?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark3