• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark
thanks for all the hard work ekim232 will post any major bugs if i come across
sorry for the question, but since the skin doesn't come with an installer, i was wondering what version of xbmc i should use ? latest build or stable release ?

thanks in advance.
arik4k Wrote:sorry for the question, but since the skin doesn't come with an installer, i was wondering what version of xbmc i should use ? latest build or stable release ?

thanks in advance.

Check first post.
prince1142003 Wrote:Excellent! Congratulations on the monumental effort you've put into your work!

I've been trolling these forums for quite some time now, choosing and trying different skins. Every time, I find myself returning to ekim's Aeon mods.

Legacy Dark seems superb, fast, and more importantly, stable. I have a few complaints about it: font size seems too small in some places, and all caps texts in some places doesn't make sense. But I can live with that.

I did find a few bugs though. Not sure if I should post them here or not, so I'll wait for a reply.

Anyways, one intriguing question:
What is supposed to be represented by the unknown circle?

Please post any bugs here. The all caps fonts are something that I continues on from the original Aeon.

That circle should be the source (sdtv, hdtv, sddvd, hddvd, or bluray). I changed the code just before releasing it and it is strange it is not showing up. Let me test that and I will get it figured out. It went off of the file name in the past, but I put a default in that reads the resolution if there is not matching filenaming structure and puts in either sdtv or hdtv. I think I know what is wrong.
The earlier picture I posted is from the TV section, just in case it wasn't obvious. The files are tagged with sdtv. The file names read The Dresden Files - S01E01 - Birds of a Feather.sdtv.avi. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the usual naming convention? Seems the skin isn't picking it up at all. I don't have any HDTV tagged episodes, but I can confirm that the source is working for DVD movies.

On that same note, when an MKV file is marked with sddvd, bluray, or hddvd, an additional DVD-rip image is overlayed on top of the source image. I noticed this bug in your old skin; it seems it's carried over.

And a font/placement bug:

Thanks for all your effort!
prince1142003 Wrote:The earlier picture I posted is from the TV section, just in case it wasn't obvious. The files are tagged with sdtv. The file names read The Dresden Files - S01E01 - Birds of a Feather.sdtv.avi. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the usual naming convention? Seems the skin isn't picking it up at all. I don't have any HDTV tagged episodes, but I can confirm that the source is working for DVD movies.

On that same note, when an MKV file is marked with sddvd, bluray, or hddvd, an additional DVD-rip image is overlayed on top of the source image. I noticed this bug in your old skin; it seems it's carried over.

And a font/placement bug:

Thanks for all your effort!

I will fix the flagging issues tonight. It always has gone off of the filename, but I wanted to add a fall back for those who have never done that. I had it read the videoresolution and put in sdtv if it was 480 or 540 and hdtv if it was 720 or 1080, but it would only do that if there was not filename of sdtv, hdtv, sddvd, bluray, or hddvd. I must have typed something in wrong because I had it working in a previous test version.

I will fix the mkv issue as well. On my system they are all bluray or hdddvd, so I always had it set up differently. Very easy fix.

The font issue on PanelPlex is strange. I have had numerous people test it now and that is the first one I have seen that way. What revision are you on and do you have the font set on aeon_fixed?
The placement issue is there on both Aeon_fixed and Aeon_standard fonts.

I'm using r28256 (the last official nightly build before the addons merge) on Windows 7.

BTW, is there a reason Aeon_fixed isn't the default font? I just switched to it after you mentioned it, and it really does breathe a whole new life to the skin compared to Aeon_standard.
Ekim, credit where credit is due, this is an incredibly slick evolution on what was becoming a bloated and overtly complex UI settings wise. The usability improvements whilst subtle are perfectly implemented and couple so neatly with XBMC that it feels seamless.

All the views are clean, well polished and importantly load with such speed it really feels like I've traded in a Humvee for a corvette. Moreover, it runs perfectly on both Camelot and the latest SVN which bodes well come the new version.

Sincerely, my congratulations and thanks with and for this skin. I cannot imagine the man hours you must have put into this but your perseverance has certainly paid dividends for us all to the point where this skin should ship alongside Confluence.

Thank you again
Yamaha DSP-Z7 / Spendor S8e L+R / Spendor C9e / M&K C35 RL + RR / REL 505 + Q201E SW's. HTPC : Moneual 932 / Asus P5K Premium / Intel 3.16 Ghz Core Duo / Ati 5770 Vapor X / Auzentech Xfi Home Cinema HD / 20 TB's custom built Raid 60 NAS
Having not used Aeon for a while thought I'd check this out think you have done a great job having made my own changes to skins in the past I have an idea of how much work you've done so my hates off to you Smile

Only thing missing for me are the rating flags, also it would be nice if when using framed flags if there was no flag available then the frame wasn't visible think hitcher did this in Alaska
>>X<<' Wrote:Having not used Aeon for a while thought I'd check this out think you have done a great job having made my own changes to skins in the past I have an idea of how much work you've done so my hates off to you Smile

Only thing missing for me are the rating flags, also it would be nice if when using framed flags if there was no flag available then the frame wasn't visible think hitcher did this in Alaska

That is exactly what I had in mind when I originally started and it got moved back because it does involved a lot of animation work to keep the screen looking clean. It is a little easier in Alaska because they all orginate from the right side. I am working on it now and also realized that with the labels that show the IMDB rating it is pointless to have the framed IMDB flag as well.

It will be a feature done in the near future. Just trying to think of the best way to animate it.

By rating flags are you referring to mpaa rating or IMDB (or stars)? MPAA should be available in all views with the default flag set. Space is tight for MPAA and the framed flags.
Been using Aeon for as long as it's around. Been using Phil65's version lately.
Just gave this a quick test om my laptop, and it look impressive! Very, Very much so.

I saw the things with the flags already got posted.
Will comment more when I tested it on my HTPC tonight. Alltogether, It looks CLEAN, what Aeon was about in the first place!

I love the smoke trails on the homescreen. Would it be possible to use this TOGETHER with custom backdrops? That would be great. A darkened out homescreen with backdrops behind it... ;-)

Ow and, when disabling the weather and time elements on homescreen (or moving them to the bottom) the placement of the library totals looks a little weird: Top, of-centre. Is it possible to move this to the right or left corner, or have it moved to the bottom of the screen? If you wanna focus on bug hunting: I understand. ;-)
Joy In Repitition
ekim232 Wrote:That is exactly what I had in mind when I originally started and it got moved back because it does involved a lot of animation work to keep the screen looking clean. It is a little easier in Alaska because they all orginate from the right side. I am working on it now and also realized that with the labels that show the IMDB rating it is pointless to have the framed IMDB flag as well.

It will be a feature done in the near future. Just trying to think of the best way to animate it.

By rating flags are you referring to mpaa rating or IMDB (or stars)? MPAA should be available in all views with the default flag set. Space is tight for MPAA and the framed flags.

Sorry should have been more clear its because I use the bbfc English ratings instead of MPAA so they appear when browsing movies and on video info

U, PG, 12A, 12, 15, 18
>>X<<' Wrote:Sorry should have been more clear its because I use the bbfc English ratings instead of MPAA so they appear when browsing movies and on video info

U, PG, 12A, 12, 15, 18

Let me get my hands on a set. I will look at other skins and get them. I will add them to the info screen as well. Thanks for pointing that out.
Batemann Wrote:Would it be possible to use this TOGETHER with custom backdrops? That would be great. A darkened out homescreen with backdrops behind it... ;-)

Ow and, when disabling the weather and time elements on homescreen (or moving them to the bottom) the placement of the library totals looks a little weird: Top, of-centre. Is it possible to move this to the right or left corner, or have it moved to the bottom of the screen? If you wanna focus on bug hunting: I understand. ;-)

I can definitely give it a whirl with the backgrounds. Might need a color diffuse like Alaska and then the smoke on top.

I am thinking that I could spread out the library totals when they are turned off or lowered. One left, center, and right. That way it would look more inform.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback, feature suggestions, and bugs. I will get to work on this stuff this week and I would like to put out a more complete version later this week or weekend.
ekim232 Wrote:Let me get my hands on a set. I will look at other skins and get them. I will add them to the info screen as well. Thanks for pointing that out.

Your probably find them in Aeon65 as that's what I used quite a while back its still on my system I checked just to make sure I didn't imagine it Big Grin

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8215/...shotfl.png
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark3