Music CD Support?
I'm VERY new to XBMC, so please go easy on me. I've read up and have my Movies spot on. I've now moved onto doing my MP3 Collection which is pretty big.

My question is, I have loads of compilations that I've sussed the 'Album Artist' bit for Various Artists and have also got the tracks in the correct order using the Disc ID # and Track ID # tags.

I have put 2 CD's in 1 directory and the tracks run through from 01-22 then start 01-22 again in the right order because the Disk ID exists. (Filenames 101 102 103 etc - 201 202 etc).

I was wondering if an add-on exists that could single out the CD's in the list of tracks above where both tracks 101 starts.

Could be made fancy to match the skin for example.
I didnt like the CD1 and CD2 folder idea, I prefer to see them all in one view.

Something like this may already exist, but the forum is sooo massive - and rightly so Smile - it was a tad tedious to find the answer.

Any info would be great! Thanx.

OH- BTW, XBMC is in another league compared to other Media Software!! GREAT JOB! Big Grin
You want an album listing that lists cd1 separately from cd2? If so, remove the disk ID tag and move it into the album tag.

If not, please explain further Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Not quite, that would reproduce more album folders.

My MP3's are named

101, 102, 103 etc for disc 1.
201, 202, 203 etc for disc 2.

At the moment, if I choose an album the list (in Media Info 2) looks like -

101. Song name.mp3
102. Song name.mp3
103. Song name.mp3
104. Song name.mp3
201. Song name.mp3
202. Song name.mp3
203. Song name.mp3
204. Song name.mp3

Which, for functionality is great. I was asking more so for eye candy I guess (and easier to see for us oldies with glasses where CD2 starts!).

So the list would look like -

CD 1
101. Song name
102. Song name
103. Song name
104. Song name

CD2
201. Song name
202. Song name
203. Song name
204. Song name

These are obviouly read from the Tags, I was just wondering if the Disc Tag could be implemented to single out CD's.

In some instances some peoples albums could display as -

01. Song name
01. Song name (cd2)
02. Song name
02. Song name (cd2)
03. Song name
03. Song name (cd2)
04. Song name
04. Song name (cd2)

This is what mine did before I renamed them to 101, 201 etc.
If it took note of the Disk Tag, it'd get rid of that.

Please be gentle if this already exists and I've missed it, I am new... and old! lol
Nope, not possible, and tbh not likely to be something we'd work on Smile

You could do:

1. Opening Track (CD1)
15. Closing Track (CD1)
1. Opening Track (CD2)

etc. if you want via either the skin (if it overrides the default label format) or via the label format string in Music settings.

I personally find that I easily notice that the track changes from 15 to 1 when you scan the list.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music CD Support?0