HDMI Audio
I've got a acer ion based nettop that works beautifully. I have it hooked up to my TV and everything is grand, 1080p playback, music, everything. The issue arises when I want to route the signal through my receiver. I've got a Pioneer VSX-519V-K and while the video passes through fine, however all audio is dropped. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've played with pretty much any settings I can and haven't found a fix. Is there anything known about this?

Edit:
Link to receiver
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/P...19V-K.Kuro
Sounds like the receiver doesn't like the codec that it's being sent from XBMC. Try enabling analog audio or down-mixing the audio to two channels.
I had a very similar problem with my Acer Revo - Also ION.

In the end I installed the newest nightly build as it seemed the HD Audio was conflicting with the HD Video.

For some reason, after I installed the version with native DXVA support all the problems went away. I am now enjoying HD Audio & Video in DTS with the newest NVidia drivers installed.

Make sure you install the HD Audio Drivers from NVidia site first, then the Chipset, then the Graphics Driver.

Works superb with my receiver (Denon AVR-1910). Smile

Defeats the object IMO to downmix any Audio to a receiver, you may as well disconnect it.
This all being said, I'm using Windows version of XBMC. If your's is Ubuntu, it should work out-of-the-box (or so I'm told).

Hope it helps.
DejaVu77 Wrote:I had a very similar problem with my Acer Revo - Also ION.

In the end I installed the newest nightly build as it seemed the HD Audio was conflicting with the HD Video.

For some reason, after I installed the version with native DXVA support all the problems went away. I am now enjoying HD Audio & Video in DTS with the newest NVidia drivers installed.

Make sure you install the HD Audio Drivers from NVidia site first, then the Chipset, then the Graphics Driver.

Works superb with my receiver (Denon AVR-1910). Smile

Defeats the object IMO to downmix any Audio to a receiver, you may as well disconnect it.
This all being said, I'm using Windows version of XBMC. If your's is Ubuntu, it should work out-of-the-box (or so I'm told).

Hope it helps.
Agreed, but in this instance it may be a necessity (perhaps not to downmix, but to have the PC decode the audio signal), if the receiver is incapable of playing that particular codec. Unfortunately the OP has ommitted that information therefore we're running blind.

Make sure Audio output is set-up correctly. Go to System\System\Audio Output. Ensure HDMI is selected and only check those radio buttons for the codecs you know your receiver can bitstream. If it can't natively decode mp3 for example, leave it unchecked and xbmc will encode and send the signal to your receiver.
I was suggested that he use analog to troubleshoot, if it worked then we could narrow the issue down to the codec/digital audio.

Glad you were able to provide a working solution though, on a side note, how does the Revo handle the menus? Is it choppy at all with Confluence? Can you install the more advanced skins, like Aeon?
I'm running a 4GB Dual Core Revo and the menu's are spot on. Confluence is great. I've installed Showmix, but havent had the patience to set it up yet. Although seems to run just as well.

This is running on the Windows 7 version BTW.
I've heard Ubuntu is better, but I cant bend my head around all the command lines and I'm too old to learn it! Smile

Plus, I dont just use my Revo as a Media Centre. The only thing I need to sort now is my Media Remote (Microsoft/HP) to work with it correctly. I found the Bluetooth PS3 one a tad slow (doesnt repeat quick enough).
^ Thanks, I'm currently running XBMC on the AppleTV and the performance of the skins (Even confluence) leaves much to be desired.
I'm running this off of the xbmc live build so micro ubuntu is the core. Analog has been tried, as has down mixing to stereo. Neither work Sad
Philmatic Wrote:^ Thanks, I'm currently running XBMC on the AppleTV and the performance of the skins (Even confluence) leaves much to be desired.

The AppleTV leaves much to be desired. Even with a broadcom card my AppleTV only can handle 4/5ths the mkvs my ION box can.

With that said- Alaska without fanart does make for a better AppleTV experience.
I figured it out. I needed to disable AC3 capable receiver AND reboot... who knew? :p
and now it no longer works. I watched a few movies the other night and today when I turn it on, I get no audio again :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Audio0