[MOCKUP] Considering making this skin...
Question 
I wanted a skin with a big clock that was easy to use for anybody, so I started basing a mod off of Confluence. I've decided I may start with a clean slate instead, and threw these mock-ups together.

Do you think its worth continuing?

It may be hard to see, but there are thin scanlines over the clock and blurred background. The background slowly morphs colors, creating a soothing effect on the screen (and in a dark room).

When there is additional content to display, the clock would slide up, with the content placed beneath it.

Semi-transparent home tab

Here's a mock-up of the home screen with a video in the background.

I also considered including an option for a dark scanline overlay

So what does the community think? Should I go for it? I know there's not much to go on yet, but it would be a major undertaking and I don't want to dedicate time to something no one else will enjoy
...reserving this space in case I need it later...
Looks a little too much like Confluence. I would suggest trying to pull inspiration from outside XBMC. Background and such look good though, like the blurred style background and the large clock for easy reading.

Try just carrying around some paper and a pencil all day and sketch different ideas you pull from things you see, not XBMC. Then bring them into being a skin and you'll have something great and original. If you want to keep with this idea then consider simply modifying Confluence to the style of your mockups and release it as a Confluence mod, not a entire new skin.

Good luck.
Looks like Confluence with a HUGE clock.

I would suggest coming up with some views before heading forward with the skinning of it. Always good to see someone who wants to come up with new idea though. Good luck with it if you decide to move forward.
well, yeah, i guess I should mention that besides minor mods, this will be my first skin. That's another reason it will be a) basic and b) similar to other skins...

Maybe I will just do it as a mod. Probably will save me a lot of time and headaches
I agree it seems more like a Confluence mod but keep at it, you never know where you'll end up...I started coding up that "Noir" concept but then found out I wanted to go in another direction and it turned out into a completely different skin.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
As previously said, it looks like a Confluence mod and, for my part, the clock is too big !

However, colors and backgrounds are great.
To be honest i am not keen on this but then i hate confluence, top marks for effort though. And if you like it then make it and sod those who don't like it:p
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:..... but then i hate confluence.....
Seriously? "hate" rather strong word Sad sure you don't mean "dislike" or "prefer blah" I don't think there is anything to "hate" in it
Jezz_X Wrote:Seriously? "hate" rather strong word Sad sure you don't mean "dislike" or "prefer blah" I don't think there is anything to "hate" in it
Yes I hate the look of confluence, PM3 and PM3HD was better, if we all liked the same things then there would be only a few skins to choose from, sorry to have hurt your feelings........
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Confluence isnt that bad !, its very fast (especially on slower machines) and also has a great look.
i've decided that if i'm going to actualyl do this, I may as well go all-in. I'm using some of the elements from this i like and trying for something new... started it today, will update once it starts coming together.
Cool, give us some updates, when you have something new.
Jezz_X Wrote:Seriously? "hate" rather strong word Sad sure you don't mean "dislike" or "prefer blah" I don't think there is anything to "hate" in it

Don't worry Jezz_X, Confluence is still still MY personal favorite. Nod
- Blackstar
If he hates Confluence its because he give it more atention then a person that just dislikes Smile

All in all its better to be hated then ignored. Good or bad what important is that people talk about it.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOCKUP] Considering making this skin...0