[xbcm4kids] - A skin for kids
Twistedretard Wrote:Im targeting a young age right now and feel that your mock is for older kids.
But i would be a happy chap if im allowed to be inspired for a second design in my skin when im finished with the first one.

It's actually aimed at 3+ my daughter will be able to use this with ease (she's three and a half) she can work my iPhone (Jailbroken I may add she know how to navigate the folders to her games).

I just felt your mock was the same as all the other skins, kids have no need for Big fanart images they just want the files to play and have them easy to read or look at.

But I'm not going to dictate your skin in the end it's up to you lol I will be doing a very minimal skin basically all you can do is play stuff nothing else.

I used fanart for the icons as they show more of what the movie is about and also that posters wouldn't fit the icons.
I really like Rocky's layout...if I was making it I would use those curvy picture frames w/fanart for TV Show section then Alaska's big poster type layout for movies. That way movies and TV section look different

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Ah sorry i thought that the child would better find things with both the poster and the fanart.
The thought was good but sadly as you say this is beyond my grasp.
Sorry for wasting everyones time.

Happy skinning everybody.

Ps. Its a very good looking mockup. Hoping the final version of it is gonna be as awesome.
Twistedretard Wrote:Ah sorry i thought that the child would better find things with both the poster and the fanart.

my girls like seeing the fanart and the poster when searching thru their movies. so I think fanart would be ok or maybe have an option to turn off if the user doesnt want it. I however would use it.

also check out the remote that I found for kids. CLICK HERE
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
My kid would find the shows far easier with both the poster and fan art, but I can see some people preferring it the other way. I actually really like your concept art so far, even if they could use a bit more polish.
Twistedretard
hey I have contacted my cousin which is a graphic designer and can help with some nice icons and maybe a character like the mediaportal cartoon for this skin. Are you interested?
any update on this skin?
Probably not by Twistedretard.....

Twistedretard Wrote:The thought was good but sadly as you say this is beyond my grasp.
Sorry for wasting everyones time.

Happy skinning everybody.

Ps. Its a very good looking mockup. Hoping the final version of it is gonna be as awesome.
But hey, I would suggest people keep making mockups or even upload kiddy backgrounds and thumbs.

Maybe a skinner will pick this project up then Wink

I could easy turn MiniMeedia Waffa! into a kids skin,
You can already hide most things, has a lot of views to choose from, uses already thumbs in homescreen (did it for my kids and for me Smile ).
So.. some layout changes and a few extra settings to hide stuff could do alot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[xbcm4kids] - A skin for kids0