Harmony 300 Remote but what IR reciever?
Hello, awhile back I had bought one of those Adesso ARC-1100 remote controls. Well it worked with some limitations. Anyways I bought a Harmony 300 remote, and so far I cant use it with the ARC-1100 IR reciever, I dont know if I even can (worth a shot) I read on the boards and someone said to try using IR Server Suite, but I have no idea how to set it up. Anyways my question is, is there a way I can use my old ARC-1100 IR reciever with my new Harmony 300 or do I have to go buy a new IR reciever?

Thank you so very much.
I don't know this receiver personally, but reviews on Amazon.com show the Adesso ARC-1100 remote and receiver to be MicroSoft Media Center compatible (several reviewers said it worked right out of the box with Vista).

If you are running Windows, or Linux with lirc installed, you should be able to program one of the mode buttons on the Harmony 300 remote (Aux, probably) as a "Computer" running Microsoft Media Center, and it should work.

I did have one supposedly compatible remote that would only operate arrow keys in Media Portal when I was using that. I had to upgrade to fully compatible remote to get FF, REW, PLAY, etc buttons to work.

UPDATE: Looks like it may be one of the incompatible remotes; there's a thread here that mentions it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 300 Remote but what IR reciever?0