Eps not displaying in correct order
im working on getting all the Red vs Blue seasons put in and it was going fine until i got to Reconstruction (season 6) and Recreation (season 7). its displaying a couple things out of order in both.

each season has a couple specials (season 0) that happen at the very first of the season and should be at the top before the actual eps from that season are displayed. it even says so in TVDb (season 6, season 7). both the aired and DVD orders are the same and show the specials at the top, but when i bring them over to XBMC, both have 1 or 2 eps appearing before the specials.

so why are the orders messed up? is there a way to manually reorder episodes in XBMC?
Are they in Air Date order or Episode order?
I have all the files properly set as to what they are supposed to be (sXXeXX, where X are numbers), air date and DVD orders are all the same in TVDb. All the metadata and everything appears properly so that's not the issue.

Anyway though I played around and got it to work properly. I ended up exporting the library XML file and editing the eps' "display episode" values which tell it what order to display in. The first ep of season 6 was taking precedence over the special ep so it displayed first. I made ep 1 display 2nd, and on down the whole season. Only thing now is it displays "S" in front of the eps now because when it has a value of "-1" it tells it to display as whatever the actual ep number is but if you change that to the number you want it to display in it thinks that ep is a special so it puts S in front. I guess there's no getting around that but at least this works for when one of your seasons is being stubborn. I can go into more detail if someone needs more help, maybe this info should go in the wiki?
What is the sort order set to?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
My sort order is always set to episode order for TV shows.
sweet! i just retried it and instead set all the specials as 0 for the display episode value. this makes them show up at the very top like they are supposed to and you dont have to change the values for the other eps at all. ill pass on what i learned.

so basically you export your library from XBMC to whatever folder you want, then FTP it to your computer (if youve got XBMC as a HTPC box like i do). the file will be called "videodb.xml". open it with Notepad (or equivalent program), then ctrl + F the name of the ep(s) you want to fix (whatever you have it named as in XBMC). you should get this:

Code:
<episodedetails>
            <title>part 18</title>
            <rating>0.000000</rating>
            <year>0</year>
            <top250>0</top250>
            <season>6</season>
            <episode>18</episode>
            [b]<displayseason>-1</displayseason>
            <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>[/b]
            <votes></votes>
            <outline></outline>
            <plot>Under attack from Recovery agents, the Reds and Blues regroup and begin to hatch their final plan.</plot>
            <tagline></tagline>
            <runtime></runtime>

displayseason and displayepisode are the only values you will mess with (and displayseason only if the ep is not displaying in the right season). if its set as "-1", then it will refer to whatever the actual season and ep number is, as listed right above it, and display them as that. episodes that are native to that season will take precedence over special eps displayed in that season. in other words, in season 6, like i had with the Red vs Blue issue, both ep 1 and the special ep i had were both set to "1" as their display episode value, and since ep 1 was actually in season 6 and the special was i guess you could say, "visiting" (since its native season is technically season 0 or the specials), ep 1 took precedence and displayed before it.

anyway, i just successfully put the specials at the start of the season without having to change the display values for the other eps, by setting the specials to "0" as their display value. i set all of them to 0 and they were still sorted in the proper order due to their season 0 ordering.

so thats basically what you wanna do for the case of a special not displaying where it should, if it needs to be at the start of the season. just go in there and change the display value to 0. if a special needs to be in between specific episodes, from what i can tell from looking at some other eps that appear in between eps, you change the value to the number of the ep you want the specials to display before. so if you want a special to display before ep 15, set its display value to 15. now why that works like that but not with the first ep, i dont know but it apparently does work. so after you get it all done and import the XML back into XBMC, simply restart XBMC (simple restarting of the OS, no need to restart the computer or Revo if youre using that).

sorry if this info is already in the wiki but i couldnt find it and it annoyed me, so i had to go looking for myself. hopefully i can help someone else whos having a similar problem.
So if I understand you correctly, you had <displayepisode> set to 1 as well as <episode> set to 1 for both the normal episode 1 and the special episode 1?

Isn't <displayepisode> supposed to be -1 in case of "normal" episodes?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

sorry no, my bad, the normal ep 1 was set as -1, which made it "officially" ep 1.

yeah normal eps should be always set -1, as i just found out you can use 0 which sets specials in front of any other eps. if you put anything except -1 for an ep, it thinks its a special so it puts a "S" in front of the number, which doesnt hurt but it is annoying to people like me who like things to be perfect. Tongue
Sounds like an oddity then. Assuming that the real episode 1 of season 6 has:
Code:
<season>6</season>
            <episode>1</episode>
            <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
            <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
and the special for season 6 has:
Code:
<season>0</season>
            <episode>18</episode>
            <displayseason>6</displayseason>
            <displayepisode>1</displayepisode>
then the sort code in SortFileItem.cpp:
Code:
unsigned int num;
  if (tag->m_iSpecialSortEpisode > 0)
    num = (tag->m_iSpecialSortSeason<<24)+(tag->m_iSpecialSortEpisode<<8)-(128-tag->m_iEpisode);
  else
    num = (tag->m_iSeason<<24)+(tag->m_iEpisode<<8);
should produce 100663552 for the real first episode, and 100663442 for the special. There doesn't happen to be more than 128 specials does there?

Cheers,
Jonathan

in total Red vs Blue has like 170-180 specials all together. i only have about 30 of them.
There we go then Smile

Will fix.

r30519 should do the trick.

Cheers,
Jonathan

hey quick question. im running it on a Revo as the operating system, so how do you update from there or is it possible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eps not displaying in correct order0