Unresponsive menu navigation
I have a system based on an athlon X3 425 and ati HD4200 currently running ubuntu 10.04. I used XBMC with many different configurations/drivers on this specific machine and finally got 1080p videos to play fine by checking out and compiling the latest (and most unstable) version with VAAPI. However, no matter what I do I find the menu navigation slow and unresponsive, sometimes being stuck for 4-5 seconds before continuing the navigation.

Today I installed XBMC my windows 7 based laptop which has an nvidia 9300 gpu (I believe comparable to the ati HD4200), and everything is very smooth, no need to do any black magic to work.

So my question is:
I like to tinker with linux so I can tolerate much of the work I have to do to make it work like it should, but is there a way to stop the general unresponsiveness in linux? If it's a driver or an xbmc performance issue, which I can only fix by starting to write code, unfortunately I am seriously thinking to switching to windows.
As I've said a few other places, this is a problem with lucid+camelot. It's a oneline fix. Will ping wattazoum to get the patch in the ppa asap.

TheUni
Not sure about that because I'm running a compiled version I checked out today. I also had more or less the same problems with ubuntu 9.10. I would switch back to camelot but I need the VAAPI support
FYI this fix is in now. You should see a drastic improvment in the Camelot+Lucid combo. As for svn.. you're on your own.

TheUni

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unresponsive menu navigation0