Update library without using scrapers?
Hi,

Is it possible to update the library without it using any scrapers to find data? All my media is stored on a Samba server and I use Ember to scrape the content, generate nfo files, select pictures, etc. I would like XBMC to add that media to the library just using the pre-scraped information on the server that Ember generated.

Right now XBMC wants to scrape everything itself, which is mostly okay for movies and TV shows (though it frequently pulls different cover art than what I selected through Ember) but with home movies and other unique sources that I setup nfo files for with Ember, it still scrapes them and pulls the whackiest matches for them. I have a number of these and trying to edit all of their entries manually in XBMC with the remote is tragic.

I'm running XBMC on an Xbox, using T3CH's 4-27-2010 SVN build. I've tried using Ember's XBMC remote controller to update the database, but that doesn't seem to work reliably.
Yes and no. If an nfo file is available, Xbmc *should* read it before scraping, but you still need to set content and pick a scraper. If that's not happening, open a bug report.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update library without using scrapers?0