• 2(current)
announcing: reFocus
@Geeba: I use Chrome, but I just checked in IE, and it's showing up for me there too :confused2:

What happens if you click the source link?
http://imgshack.info/images/9xt70gd8iu2vr30teic7.jpg

Image not showing up for others either? Maybe I should move it to a different host?
This looks very nice! I've only used confluence, mediastream and transparency before, but I think I'll have to give this a try when it comes out!
Thanks Jeroen - direct link works fine... Wink not sure whats wrong with my browser Huh

Very nice work thou!
I'm in love.

We're looking at actual coded screenshots here too? Not mockups?

Very much looking forward to using it.
Hi Matt, thank you. Those are all coded xml's Smile
another little preview of the homescreen menu.

I wanted to make the homescreen a place for navigation within xbmc but also to make it a place to provide some contextual information as well.

Now playing:
You can set the menu to display a now playing entry. When you hover over it, the currently playing video will be listed in the menu.
Clicking the button will take you to the playlist screen.
This works for music too, on hover it will display fanart of the currently playing artist in the background.

Weather:
Hovering on weather displays basic weather information within the menu, and it will display the weather fanart (optional). Clicking the button will of course take you to the full weather screen.
Wow, this so far is looking man, looking good!! Soft on the eye's, and my favorite color too. LOL. I like the use of fanart as the title images, and yet still having cover views to fill the demands of both sides. nice touch's. Keep up the great work!!
Mooi man !!
Great idea for the now playing and weather info on home screen.
WOW, this looks great !

is there also a TVshows-banner view included ?

Good work. Keep it up :-)
One very slight criticism I would have would be with the Home screen. To me it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the skin much apart from the similar white bar. If it we're to have the blue overlay like the rest of the screens, although not as strong, I think it would look a lot better.

Only a small thing though, still looks great. Nod
Very beautiful indeed. I'll be waiting for the first release.

Is it me or does it remind of Windows Media Center in W7? I for one love the look&feel of it and if that's part of your inspiration I'm all for it.
ubuntuf4n Wrote:WOW, this looks great !

is there also a TVshows-banner view included ?

Good work. Keep it up :-)
At the moment there is no banner view. If there is enough demand I will consider adding one in the future.

nitio Wrote:Very beautiful indeed. I'll be waiting for the first release.

Is it me or does it remind of Windows Media Center in W7? I for one love the look&feel of it and if that's part of your inspiration I'm all for it.
Lots of things have been part of my inspiration. WMC was more of a concious inspiration when I made the original Focus, but surely as a result that came along with the new skin too. At the early stage of what is now reFocus I drew inspiration from the Forza 3 interface for example, but not a lot of that sticked I think. Android was also an inspiration altough more with regards to the dialog windows.

matt1697 Wrote:One very slight criticism I would have would be with the Home screen. To me it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the skin much apart from the similar white bar. If it we're to have the blue overlay like the rest of the screens, although not as strong, I think it would look a lot better.

Only a small thing though, still looks great. Nod
The problem with (colored) overlays (imo) is that it will look good with certain backdrops and outright nasty with others (mainly when the backdrop is very white/light).
One of the main principles of reFocus is to obscure as little as possible of fanart where it is actually used instead of integrating fanart in every single view and covering it up with content or overlays.
So there's just a subtle dark overlay on the left side of the homescreen to improve readability.
Also, you will recognize some of the homescreen elements in other parts of the skin, so maybe it will look less "standing out" to you then Smile
Jeroen Wrote:The problem with (colored) overlays (imo) is that it will look good with certain backdrops and outright nasty with others (mainly when the backdrop is very white/light).
One of the main principles of reFocus is to obscure as little as possible of fanart where it is actually used instead of integrating fanart in every single view and covering it up with content or overlays.
So there's just a subtle dark overlay on the left side of the homescreen to improve readability.
Also, you will recognize some of the homescreen elements in other parts of the skin, so maybe it will look less "standing out" to you then Smile

Fair enough. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to change some thing around myself anyway.

Still looks great either way.

Banner view would be pretty cool too, although I think I'll be using one of the ones you have shown to us already.

----

Have you got any sort of idea for when it might be released yet? :p
matt1697 Wrote:Have you got any sort of idea for when it might be released yet? :p

Well, it depends on when the new stable XBMC release will be out. I really want it to have the addons functionality integrated well and have it tested on a stable release. So I would say a couple of days to a week after XBMC's release, depending on whether I find problems that have to be fixed first.

According to the roadmap the XBMC milestone is due in 4 days, but I'm not sure if that date is realistic.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
announcing: reFocus0