• 6(current)
announcing: reFocus
Jeroen Wrote:I have no idea to be honest, as I don't really have a good idea about how the performance of that kind of system is. I imagine and hope it will be comparable with most skins out there.

The textures are quite a bit larger than in Focus to keep as much quality on bigger screens.
That said a lot of the textures are re-used in a lot of places, and there is room for more optimization in that area. The amount of textures isn't that big either.

Development and testing of reFocus is done on a E6750 Core2Duo with 6GB RAM and used on an htpc with a T6500 Core2Duo with 2GB RAM

I guess I can also give it a try on my laptop from work which is an HP elitebook with a 1.6Ghz Core2Duo and low-end graphics card. Still no single core, but closer Smile

That would be nice, atleast is a 1.6Ghz.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
This looks great!

I hope it can run on a single core Revo (I have the 1600), I haven't run into any problems with skins or 1080p video yet.
Yo Dude, Nice work!
Cant wait to try this out.
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
The suspense is killing me Jeroen! :p
nickritus Wrote:The suspense is killing me Jeroen! :p
Thanks for your enthusiasm Laugh Don't expect it today Blush

By fixing an annoying bug I have to deal with a problem caused by that in another area, which is non-trivial to fix. I'll won't bore you with the details, but I would really like to get that out of the way before release but I might need Team-XBMC for that. I'm not sure if I will let that prevent the release but I really want to try to get it fixed.

MacLeod_1980 Wrote:Use SpinRite to fix the drive, it cost $80 - but it is what professional companies use for hard drive recovery.

Not only is is a recovery tool, it also functions in a maintenance capacity.
Thanks for the advice, but the data on it wasn't really important. It was an old IDE drive, and for that money I can get a new, bigger sata drive Smile

BLUUUKITZZZZZZ Wrote:This looks great!

I hope it can run on a single core Revo (I have the 1600), I haven't run into any problems with skins or 1080p video yet.
Then I won't think reFocus will be a problem. And once the first release is out, I will focus on optimization, so it should get only faster Smile
Just finished the onscreen keyboard. Again. Almost died of boredom.

I already finished the damn thing, but then I realised I'd rather have a qwerty layout then the abc... that I had before. Moving and redoing all the button actions reminded me why I hate it so much. So nobody better ask for a different layout Angry
Laugh

Ended up ok though I think. Will replace some of the labeled buttons with some nice symbols instead later.

And there's an option for people that have a remote with keyboard and don't need to be seeing no silly buttons onscreen Wink
Very nice, you have a very nice hand for staying with the overall design. And as far as I can see from your posts here and in the development forum, you're having a lot of great ideas and put a lot of attention into the details. I really think this might be one of the most polished skins so far together with Aeon(from a design standpoint), Xperience(is very complete) and Confluence(User friendliness). Of course i can't really be sure but it definitely looks like it.
Thank you for doing this great job,

D0nR0sa
WOW that's beautiful! Great job with the keyboard and banner view Smile

Impatiently awaiting release :p
Just came across this.

Looks Awsome. Can see this replacing Alaska and Night on my XBMC.

Can't wait until this is released.
Sweet dude, sweeeet.
D0nR0sa Wrote:Very nice, you have a very nice hand for staying with the overall design. And as far as I can see from your posts here and in the development forum, you're having a lot of great ideas and put a lot of attention into the details. I really think this might be one of the most polished skins so far together with Aeon(from a design standpoint), Xperience(is very complete) and Confluence(User friendliness). Of course i can't really be sure but it definitely looks like it.
Thank you for doing this great job,

D0nR0sa

Thanks D0nR0sa (and others) for the kind words.

Yes, I tend to get pretty obsessed with details. Sometimes little things that most people probably won't notice individually, but hopefully as a whole all these little things will contribute to a polished overall organic feel. If that makes sense.

About the development forum, I feel obliged to mention that the way Team-XBMC works and interacts with the community creates an environment where skinners can truly be creative. I am often stunned by the fast responses from the team (where do they find the time to actually work on XBMC as well? Laugh) and even more surprised at how fast requests and propositions we have for the skinning engine come into fruition.

Without all of their hard work all of those great skins would never be possible. It's great to be a part of that Smile
Jeroen,
this looks a lot more polished than most skins! I like that the text is large enough to read from 10' away... many skins, even some of my favs - like Legacy Dark/Aeon, make it difficult to read with the highly contrasting text/bg colors and small font size.

I ask 1 favor... please don't forget the things that make the skin user friendly for those of us that do more than play a video. Such as...

Queue music folders
- genres, etc

For large movie & music libraries
- 0-Z jump list, maybe a slide-out method would be nice

Enhanced Now Playing screen

Enhanced Play list screen
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Aww! No love for the Dvorak keyboard layout?! Laugh

All joking aside, I'm really excited to see this skin drop. I have always been a huge fan of the original Focus and you have definitely outdone yourself with this update / re-imaging. Can't wait to see it in all of its glory!
Livin Wrote:I ask 1 favor... please don't forget the things that make the skin user friendly for those of us that do more than play a video. Such as...

Queue music folders
- genres, etc

I'm not really sure what you mean with genres. Do you mean browsing by genre? Well, sure that will be possible. But that's core XBMC functionality, not something I have to support in my skin, it's just... there Wink

Quote:For large movie & music libraries
- 0-Z jump list, maybe a slide-out method would be nice
You can jump to using <shift> + <character>, that's also a core xbmc function. It's not possible to have a scrollbar like element where you skip to characters, if that's what you mean.

Quote:Enhanced Now Playing screen

Pretty much all of that is available in the now playing screen in the player controls.

Quote:Enhanced Play list screen
I assume you mean the buttons for moving and removing tracks in the playlist? That's not possible, can't do anything about that skinning-wise. Of course you can move and remove, but you have to do it through the context menu.

I can see where the total playlist running time would be useful, not sure if it's possible but I'll add that to my todo list Smile

shot of the playlist screen with the player controls up:

Sranshaft Wrote:Aww! No love for the Dvorak keyboard layout?! Laugh

All joking aside, I'm really excited to see this skin drop. I have always been a huge fan of the original Focus and you have definitely outdone yourself with this update / re-imaging. Can't wait to see it in all of its glory!
That's cool to hear Sranshaft, thanks Smile But no Dvorak Rolleyes
Jeroen Wrote:That's cool to hear Sranshaft, thanks Smile But no Dvorak Rolleyes

That's okay. I know how much you love skinning the keyboard screen. Rofl
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
announcing: reFocus0