• 1(current)
announcing: reFocus
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

Well, this place look deserted Wink

Which is no surprise of course since the last Focus update was released well over a year ago if I'm not mistaken.

As I stated before I have been working on a new skin. The development actually started right after the last Focus update. Starting up it was to be a different skin in name and design, and since then it underwent countless mutations and experiments. Gradually I realised that I did want to make a new Focus skin though, using a different approach but still keep some of the style elements and philosophy behind it. So it went into it's final stage of mutation.

I feel reFocus is a major improvement over Focus on every level. Focus was my first skin and because of this I was still very much in a learning stage and things were done in a way that ended up being inefficient or difficult to maintain. And although you never stop learning, I feel reFocus will provide a much better and stable base for future development and evolution.

So, while I am getting the new skin up to a public release standard I thought I would provide a little preview. When released, it will not be fully done (when is it ever?), but it will most definitely be a mature skin (unlike Focus on it's first release) and will probably be dubbed a 0.8 release.

Thanks for reading Smile

Greetings,
Jeroen

I like Focus very much but i sure like reFocus a lot more! Big Grin

Thanks Jeroen for making such a good looking skin. Looking forward to try it.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
This looks very nice. Good job! I like the clean views. I was never too fond of all those busy skins. Makes me want to come back to XBMC.

Please keep the clean style because "less is more" Wink
Wow, this is a very Nice Surprise, many thanks for this great Work.
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
Very nice indeed!

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks all Smile currently working on the new XBMC addon stuff, so refreshing to skin new exciting parts of XBMC Smile

@jaaps: coming back to xbmc? why would you ever want to leave it? Big Grin
Where you at percentage-wise?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I would say that as for being suitable for the present day stable release it's at 95% or so. It's basically finalizing and finding bugs or things I have overlooked or forgotten.
But as a new XBMC stable release is fast approaching I want to have the new stuff done as well so that it can be released shortly after the new xbmc release. I just started work on the new stuff today, but that's coming together quite quickly Smile
Very nice work Jeroen - look forward to giving it a whirl Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Nice, a not too dark but not too bright skin, very nice.
Wow ! Very nice skin and surprise!

Congratulations, Jeroen!
This is the skin I've been waiting for! From just looking at the screenshots, my mouth is already watering! Well done mate.
Where are the screen shots? - nothing in the first post - am I missing something or is firefox that useless? Huh
@Geeba Ad-blocker is useless maybe?
Weird - IE I just get a red X and Firefox I get nothing? Huh
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
announcing: reFocus0