• 7(current)
announcing: reFocus
Jeroen Wrote:You can jump to using <shift> + <character>, that's also a core xbmc function. It's not possible to have a scrollbar like element where you skip to characters, if that's what you mean.

I, and many others, don't use a keyboard... we have it in our home theaters and use remotes.

I don't see why it would not be possible... if there is a keystroke set that works then I'd assume a menu could be created that send the keystrokes - correct?

Jeroen Wrote:I assume you mean the buttons for moving and removing tracks in the playlist? That's not possible, can't do anything about that skinning-wise. Of course you can move and remove, but you have to do it through the context menu.

If there is no XBMC function for this maybe you can submit a feature request? I would but JM pays more attention to requests from active skinners. btw... many other apps have this: Meedio, Media Portal, etc ... this is VERY useful.

Jeroen Wrote:I can see where the total playlist running time would be useful, not sure if it's possible but I'll add that to my todo list Smile

cool, thx - this is very useful especially when you are trying to fill a specific amount of time
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Don't remember if i edited my keymap or not but my remote jumps to the letter i want when i press a number, like SMS mobile phones... 2-ABC 3-DEF...

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Don't remember if i edited my keymap or not but my remote jumps to the letter i want when i press a number, like SMS mobile phones... 2-ABC 3-DEF...

It might work but it is not user frieldy... try teaching that to you wife, friends, kids, etc.

that is the problem with XBMC right now... very basic UI features are fine but the ones which make a media center easy to use for non-techies, like this one, is not being integrated.

... many other apps have this, even free ones. I'm not asking for something that is crazy.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
It's not easy to teach this stuff to kids but anyone who used a mobile should understand it very rapidly.

One thing i remember is i edited the keymap to jump a letter when pressing rewind/forward in libraries.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
NextLetter/PrevLetter are available, as is SMS jumping or SMS filtering. The reason we don't have a 36-button "scroll bar" is that it only really works for English - it breaks with non-ascii characters and makes no sense at all in some asian languages. Direct access to Next/Prev works around the first problem and is more direct. I'd suggest replacing "page up/page down" buttons with "Next Letter"/"Prev Letter" as the pageup/down is handled by the on screen scrollbar.

As to those other features, while I agree that a better playing/nowplaying window would be nice, it's just not a priority right now.

Skinners are free to mock something up, though it'd be a hack (if it would even work) - we'd need button/action support within listitems which requires some careful code consideration.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I really don't think this is the place to dicuss if XBMC should have feature X or Y or whether it's userfriendly or not. There's other areas in the forum for that.

A couple of things I can/want to say about it.

Quote:I don't see why it would not be possible... if there is a keystroke set that works then I'd assume a menu could be created that send the keystrokes - correct?
Well, no you're not correct. While there may be a keystroke the skin still needs a function it can hook into to actually execute the commands. And there is no such function. I think I know my way around the skinning engine a bit, but of course a proof of concept is welcome if you doubt my judgement.

Quote:I, and many others, don't use a keyboard... we have it in our home theaters and use remotes.
I use it in my home theater too. But my remote has a keyboard. Sure, I realize not everyone uses that. But then again, I also realize that I will not be able to please 100% of users, even if the requested is possible.
Any estimates for a initial release, today or after weekend? (I guess after weekend)
D0nR0sa Wrote:Any estimates for a initial release, today or after weekend? (I guess after weekend)

Yeah, it'll depend on how many time I can find in the evenings this week, but like I said it will be no later than next weekend.
Jeroen Wrote:Yeah, it'll depend on how many time I can find in the evenings this week, but like I said it will be no later than next weekend.

Big GrinLaughBig GrinBig GrinShockedLaugh
I'm definitely waiting for the initial release... that's an awesome skin, thank you for sharing it with us! Big Grin
I've taken care of most of the issues that I wanted to be fixed before the first release. I'm probably going to be redoing the login screen as it's not really working for me the way it is now, doing final checks and prepare some documentation. The way it's looking now release will be set for either friday evening or saturday morning (western european time).

Greetings,
Jeroen
Hooooooooooray, thank you.
Really nice Jeroen, can't wait to give it a try (on the xbox also Smile)

I'll be your debian+netboot+nvidia ion beta tester Tongue
awesome!

will the homescreen like in your previewpictures? or will it have that awesome darkblue theme like the oder screenshots?
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
announcing: reFocus0