Wondering which xml I need to edit to put an Apple Movie Trailers button in the home menu.
Also, what code do I add to that xml
AMT in Home Menu
Joined: Mar 2010
2010-05-24 09:48 Post: #1
Joined: Feb 2009
2010-05-25 03:04 Post: #2
If or until I add support for favorites home menu items in a premerge version you can easily add them manually:
1. Open Home.xml
2. You'll see a section of code like this, starting at line 114:
3. Take one of those blocks and change it around like so:
Quote:<item id="1">4. Where <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic,return)</onclick> is where you put the Path to AMT.
5. Set AMT as a favorite
6. Open up favorites.xml, located in C:\Users\mcborzu\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
You'll see a line that looks like this below, I dont have AMT so I used the genre Animation is this example:
Quote:<favourite name="Animation">ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://1/1/8/)</favourite>7. Copy the bolded part ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://1/1/8/) and overwrite <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic,return)</onclick>
8. To set a single image just place a image in the skin.night/media/backdrops
9. To use rotating backdrop: overwrite <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusicFolder)]</thumb> with the location of a folder with your images like so: <thumb>F:\Documents\XBMC\Backdrops\movies</thumb>
10. Change <item id="1"> to <item id="18">
That should be it...
Actually I'll try and look into adding script support for this...
Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC
Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC
Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
(This post was last modified: 2010-05-25 05:14 by mcborzu.)